Author Topic: Ideas on a back quiver with braintan  (Read 2258 times)

Offline rileyconcrete

Ideas on a back quiver with braintan
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:19:42 pm »
Does anyone have any good Ideas on how I could put together a nice bak quiver out of some braintan?  I just traded for a hide, and want to make a useful back quiver out of it.  Please let me know of any Ideas and please post pictures.

thanks

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Ideas on a back quiver with braintan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:34:51 pm »
Tell, brain tanned leather doesn't have much body to it so a stiffener rod, like in a plains style quiver would probably help. You could add a lining that would help to add body.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Grunt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:22 pm »
Stiffener rod for sure. Attach the strap to the rod also. You could construct an internal frame work out of sticks and a rawhide cup at the bottom.  Ever tried a plains style rig? Those under the arm rigs sure work good.

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:16:23 am »
Thanks guys.

I have tried the plains stlye, it just feels wierd to me while shooting.  I guess if I practiced more it would be better eh?

Thanks again

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:46 am »
I've never had much luck making back quivers out of brain-tanned leather (or any soft leather for that matter).  I normally make belt quivers out of softer leather, provided that the leather is thick enough.