Author Topic: Top Shot on the History Channel  (Read 2664 times)

Offline dmassphoto

Top Shot on the History Channel
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:14:44 pm »
Tonight's episode will have guys competing against each other using the "Longbow" complete with flaming targets.  It's at 10pm Eastern.  Anybody gonna watch it?   Looks like they're using plastic vanes on their arrows, and the bows looks like a Hoyt Olympic bow with snakeskin on the back.  It will be interesting to see how they display archery on this show, considering they're not doing very well by other firearms. 

Offline Strongbow88

Re: Top Shot on the History Channel
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:31:34 am »
I have been watching the show and have the in-laws DVRing the one tonight since I dont have cable.
Danny Johnson

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:32 am »
The episode was pretty weak, I thought.  Didn't look like they gave the competitors much in the way of instruction, then switched to a crossbow for the elimination round.  Probably less than 5 minutes of longbow shooting in the episode.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Lombard

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:18 am »
I saw the episode. I was hoping the elimination round would be with the longbow too. It was disappointing that they used crossbows.

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:30:20 pm »
Anybody notice when they were doing their "practice" they were clearly aiming up so the arrow would travel in an arc down to the target, but all the shots of the arrow hitting the target had the arrows striking in a horizontal direction.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:51:39 pm »

What?!!!  :o You mean......the History channel would ......fudge the testing?  ::) Why, that would be like saying that the FBI would fudge evidence to prove a case, oh yeah,......they did.  Well, then it would be like Disney dumping boxes of lemmings, and then hearding them into the water, to make a film about how lemmings commit mass suicide when their populations get to large....oh,......, that's right they did.  Well, I just can't believe that the "History channel" would stoop to that level.  OK, I can believe it.  But still, someone must have said something to them about it.  But I guess the bean counters, and pseudo intellectuals, in charge of programming think it would be good for ratings, if they sort of, ......you know fudged the evidence, and testing, and not exactly tell the whole truth.  Sort of like the Drug companies, and news media......artistic license if you will...... ::)

Wayne