Author Topic: A gift from Tom B  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
A gift from Tom B
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »
I delivered Hannah's bow(Lil Pat's girlfriend) today. Patrick(Lil Pat) told me he had some of Tom's bow wood he wanted me to have. While there I loaded it up and brought it home. I was shock at how many well seasoned staves Tom had. I figured there would be only a few staves. Mostly osage staves but a few locust staves, hickory staves, HHB staves, one nice ERC stave, black walnut staves, a few sets or osage billets and a few mulberry staves. Also a few hickory backing strips and some large bamboo for backings(not pictured).
 So, I thought that any of Tom's friends that come to the Camp-O-Rama can choose a stave from the lot and I'll probably give others that attend a nice party favor. ;D
  Here is the bootie!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

Re: A gift from Tom B
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:53:26 pm »
DUDE THATS A NICE HAUL  :o
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:26:41 pm »
 That will be a real nice gift and tribute, Pat, and let me wish you a Happy Birthday now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:13:47 pm »
a month early Eddie but I'll take it!  ;)  One of these has your name on it too! 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
Nice haul,  Making a bow from one of his staves will be a great way to remember him.
Traverse City, MI

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 11:08:44 pm »
That's nice. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:29 am »
Nice haul Pat, well deserved I am sure. :) :) Lots of bows in that pile. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dane

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 11:44:35 am »
Since Mullet is offering early b-day wishes, the very same from me, Pat. Sounds like your birthday celebration is, as always, an awesome time.

Some really nice staves. And I agree with Rick, everyone who builds a bow from those staves is creating a sort of memorial bow to Tom’s memory. If I died tomorrow, I’d hope my tools and materials end up in the right hands – bow builders and primitive technologists.

“Seek not our tombs in the earth, but find them in the hearts of men.” I don’t recall where that quote came from, but I’ve always liked it.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

HatchA

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01:51 pm »
That's a good lot of wood!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 03:02:44 pm »
Since Mullet is offering early b-day wishes, the very same from me, Pat. Sounds like your birthday celebration is, as always, an awesome time.

“Seek not our tombs in the earth, but find them in the hearts of men.” I don’t recall where that quote came from, but I’ve always liked it.

Dane

Molana Jalal al-Din Muhammad Balkhi or Celâladin Mehmet Rumi (boy thats a Mouth ;D) a Sufi poet... theologian and teacher who was born in Persia (now part of Afghanistan) and died in Konya (present-day Turkey).....He wrote this Poem as His Epitaph....

"When we are dead, seek not our tomb in the earth, but find it in the hearts of men."
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Lombard

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 03:13:23 pm »
Looks like a good selection of bow staves there, and what an awesome gesture.

Offline Dane

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:11 pm »
Wow, I am totally impressed, El D. Thanks!

Dane

Dane

Molana Jalal al-Din Muhammad Balkhi or Celâladin Mehmet Rumi (boy thats a Mouth ;D) a Sufi poet... theologian and teacher who was born in Persia (now part of Afghanistan) and died in Konya (present-day Turkey).....He wrote this Poem as His Epitaph....

"When we are dead, seek not our tomb in the earth, but find it in the hearts of men."

Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:19:22 pm »
Very cool of lil Pat. I am sure Tom would have wanted it that way. Any bow made from that pile of wood is a tribute indeed. Happy early BDay Pat
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »
TJ, come to the camp-o-rama and get a free Tom B stave of your choice!  :D  Bobby too!

Offline Diligence

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 01:48:04 am »
not sure how I missed this post Pat, but what a size 10 WOW....that's a lot of wood...and lots of good "mojo" to go around too.  I'd love to see all the bows that are made with the "memorial wood".....too cool.

j
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.