Author Topic: i have sinned..  (Read 5334 times)

Offline aero86

i have sinned..
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:34:23 pm »
i bought a compound.  at the flea market and a guy was selling one.  told me 30 at first.  i said nah, thats ok.  then he said 20.  so i said why not.  took it to the local archery shop to look at, since i know nothing about them.  guy said its one from the late 80's, but its in really great shape.  he asked how much i paid, and he said i stole it for that price. so then i go and buy a 9 dollar arrow, since i didnt have any ones suited for the bow.  took me a while to get the sights sighted in, and a couple arrows stuck in the fence too.  but it shoots really well.  just thought id share!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline NTD

Re: i have sinned..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 10:39:36 pm »
Thou Shall be damned >:D ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Kegan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 11:30:58 pm »
It just makes your selfbows jealous so they'll try harder ;)

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:34:16 pm »
ive only shot that compound like 7 times, and then i started shooting my oak longbow. grouping good too!  haha
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 01:11:34 am »
I shoot compounds from time to time, I also like shooting rifles, pistols and black powder. There isn't anything wrong with shooting other stuff, just as long as it makes you happy.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:42 am »
ya i too still shoot my wheelie contraption  ;D

so did ya notice yet how much quieter your self bows are compared to the one with wheels?
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 01:37:32 am »
This is why I like this site.  You can use the "C" word and not have your thread pulled.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 01:45:47 am »
i did notice it was much quieter.  i couldnt believe the noise.  i tightened everything on it as well.  the longbow is much quieter!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 02:35:01 am »
yup  ;) they may be faster
but along with speed comes noise

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 09:14:09 am »
Please, put the c-pound down on the ground slowley and step away. Now turn and run as fast as you can to the nearest ................ ;) ;D Sorry. could not resist. Going to look at a black powder today (.50 cal)  Going to do some tradin for a couple of the custom rods (fishig) i build
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Timo

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 10:05:23 am »
I also have one,a perty good one actually. Shoot it from time to time, mostly when I have trouble short drawing my selfbows. It seems to calm me back to reality and makes me concentrate more.

I used to be bothered by them,but they, just like any other weapon are just that. A weapon. ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 10:11:27 am »
I have two...a Patriot and a Pro 40...both Bowtech's...and both deadly Accurate....and I use them both still...but not religiously like I did ten years ago when I shot the Tri State Region
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:48 am »
I have one but I'm to cheap to buy more arrows for it and lost my last ones a while back  ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 11:56:47 am »
I haven't shot a compound in years. I killed more deer with one than with trad gear but I spent too much time and money adding gewgaws to it.  Once I began to learn to shoot instinctively I never liked the compound let off again. I even sent my PSE Nova back to PSE to have the cams changed to wheels to see if that would help any. It had less let off and drew smoother but still not for me.
  Everyone in my hunt club shoots compounds and the most up to date but they put their compounds down at the end of archery season. It doesn't matter to me what someone shoots but who they are!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 12:08:24 pm »
It doesn't matter to me what someone shoots but who they are!

AMEN TO THAT