Author Topic: New prize/gift for BOM contest winners  (Read 12934 times)

marvin

New prize/gift for BOM contest winners
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:26:41 am »
With the approval of PA's management I have arranged to give a simple but special and distinctive prize to winners of the BOM contest. This prize is a way of recognizing the talent and contributions to the PA online community and a way for me personally to say thanks to all those that support and promote this great hobby of primitive archery.

The prize is my version of a "virtual" trophy for you to have and for all the world to see your accomplishment. Winners of the BOM contest will receive a special email address of their choice at the inernet address of primitivebowyer.com For example marvin@primitivebowyer.com The only people who will ever have one of these specail email addresses are winners of the BOM contest or moderators of the PA message board.

The email account will be yours to keep and has been setup to use Googles web email access or your own email program like Outlook. Winners of BOM just need to contact me with what they would like to have for their address and I will activate the account for them.

Offline Agbowyer

Re: New prize/gift for BOM contest winners
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:36 pm »
Great, now I'll never win ;D ;D ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:04:25 pm »
Mighty nice of you Marvin to do that.There are the nicest folks around here. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:39:53 pm »
Great, now I'll never win ;D ;D ;D
Some of us quit worrying about that a long time ago. Its a good thing we enjoy making bows and ain't doing it to win.  ;) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

marvin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 10:57:03 pm »
I just want to clarify that these special email addresses are retroactive and any previous winner of the BOM contest can request an address of their choosing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:05:58 am »
I'm totally dumb with computers ::) ::)

How does this work again ?? ??? ???

sorry :)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 09:35:45 am »
Marvin, while I do appreciate the thought, I really have no use for another email address. Not to sound like a stick in the mud, but what was wrong with the hat idea? or even a pa bumper sticker or something? It would be good advertisement for the magazine.....?Am I wrong?
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

marvin

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 10:06:06 am »
Ryano,

This is not replacing the hat that PA sends to BOM winners. This is something in addition that I am doing with the blessing of PA. It was meant as a way of saying thanks to the community and giving special recognition to those BOM winners. If you don't want one of the special email addresses that's OK.

marvin

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 10:13:50 am »
Manny,

This is just a special email address that you can have and use if you want and it's free. You'll be able to access your email using this address from any computer connected to the internet at any time.

For example if you wanted you could have the address manny@primitivebowyer.com or maybe NorthShoreLB@primitivebowyer.com and it would be yours forever. The only people who would have this kind of email address are BOM winners. Kin of a badge of honor in recognition of your accomplishmnet.

Don't worry about the technical details because it's real easy and I will help you with it if needed.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 10:16:45 am »
Marvine how do you go about setting it up?I like Ryan I ant to computer savey. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

marvin

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 12:33:40 pm »
Pappy,

Just send me an email telling me what you would like your address to be like pappy@primitivebowyer.com Then I will setup the account and email you with directions which basicly are just a specific web site address( http://mail.primitivebowyer.com ) and enter your login name and password. Then it works just like other web email sites like Googles gmail or Microsoft's hotmail or Yahoo ect. but instead of a generic address at hotmail.com yours is whatever@primitivebowyer.com

If you want to get more technical you can setup any email program you want to use like Outlook to send and receive email using that address and account. You can even setup the account to work with Blackberry and other PDA's if you want.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 12:58:46 pm »
Cool I like that[ pappy@primitivebowyer.com] that has a special ring to it. ;D
Thank again for offering this I think is is very nice of you. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 02:30:13 pm »
Yeah I'll take it too, was an honour winning, gotta remind myself of it ;D ;D ;D

...Ho the hat was great too, thanks :)

I like NorthSoreLB@ primitive
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

marvin

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 02:44:31 pm »
FYI,

Besides the address that you want I also need your first and last name to setup the account. Not everyone has put that info in their profile so I might only know you by your "handle" on the message board.

So Pappy and NorthShoreLB please email directly with your full name and I will setup the account asap.

duffontap

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 08:23:08 pm »
I would like mine to read NorthShoreLB@primitivebowyer.com too.   ;D  If you could relocate me to the north shore, that would also be nice. 

J. D. Duff