Author Topic: blood red Gunther Barbed point....  (Read 2978 times)

Offline billy

blood red Gunther Barbed point....
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:21 pm »
Well, today was just one of those days where everything seemed to work in my favor.  I slept great last night and woke up in a good mood this morning with plenty of energy. The day was beautiful, I had a great workout at the gym and that put me in an awesome mood.  So I came home and in my mailbox was a package my friend sent me with two hunting DVD's and an arrowhead t-shirt. It couldn't get any better!   I was just HAPPY.  Then I got inspired by the Gunther Barbed point illustrated on the t-shirt and decided to make one.  And I crunched out this little screamer without a single screw-up.  Made of heat treated blood-red Mook jasper.  And it's sharp as a mother. It can't get any better than that. I wish every day was like today.     

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marietta, Georgia

Offline FlintWalker

Re: blood red Gunther Barbed point....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:48:05 pm »
That's flat out awesome Billy!  (I still like the one you made Wade better though) ;D

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:18:55 am »
That sure is purty Billy. Glad to see ya havin a great day. Bob

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:22 am »
Nice billy,very cool point.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:41:45 am »
 Really nice, Billy. Almost looks like glass.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 09:16:13 am »
Some days your the windshield ;). I could use a few days like that! That's a beauty, I coulda sworn it was glass too.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 09:43:25 am »
That is some bright lookin stone ..Awesome point.

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:16 am »
Glad you had a good day. everyone needs on of those every so often. The more often the better. :)
Very nice point. love that color.
But have to agree with shannon.... I like the one you made me better..... especially b-cause its in my display case for all my buddys points. :) ;)

Very Nice point billy. Now go have another good day like that!
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:35:39 pm »
DUDE,come on..that is just showing off...really billy you have too you tube how you make the gunther points PLEASE...LOL...great work...so,what hunting videos did you get and whats the t-shirt look like...YES,i am asking for awhole lot....NOSEY ME...

Offline billy

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:39 pm »
Haha...Hey Blacktail.

The DVD's were made by my friend Thad Beckum.  One is fishing for Sheephead off the Georgia coast, and the other is with his brother hunting turkeys with his flintlock smoothbore shotgun.   By the way....I made another blood red Gunther today.  It's smaller and thinner than the one I posted here.  Get ready cause I'm about to take a pic of it and post it  here..... :)    ;)
Marietta, Georgia