Author Topic: D bows & BOM  (Read 25576 times)

half eye

Re: D bows & BOM
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2010, 10:43:37 pm »
Hey NTD, next time ya fire a shot across the bow, maybe ya ought to check the facts. I have not won BOM, hell dont even enter. Think that might have been ONE EYE. I really am not bitter about nothin....but just because I build "board bows" (another PA term coinage) doesn't mean I don't work just as hard to get my wood, work my wood or finish my wood as any of the stave guys. I've had my shots round here and just bit my tounge, hell they even took your buddy Josh's zinger off one of my posts before I could say anything, but I've got a tough hide. Me and my turd board bows are gonna keep going along....and if I never peel a stave I ain't gonna be missin nothing. If ya read my posts here all I said was if the bom thing don't trip your trigger then don't enter, why does that get ya so upset?

What does writing articles for PA Mag got to do with this BOM thing anyway? I've been reminded by yall that the this forum and the mag aint the same thing, so I dont know what that has to do with anything.

Rich Rousseau
half eye

Offline NTD

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2010, 11:01:39 pm »
My apologies.  I made a mistake about you having won BOM.  I could have sworn one of your Molles won.  I voted for it anyway.  You say you don't submit, but those early months you had nearly half the entries there Rich.

I'm bowing out with my aplogies about saying you'd won.
Nate Danforth

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 02:13:08 am »
First off thanks Nate and Dragonman for the compliments on my work!  :)

Second, Halfeye the only thing I remember saying about any of your work that you took the wrong way was when you had like 7 bows made that month in the bow of the month contest and I commented on how many you had and I wished i was able to make that many bows in a month and you got mad about that.  I was merely saying i wish i was skilled enough to turn out so many bows in a month and you took it completely the wrong way. I posted an apology on the message board as well as sending you a personal apology via personal message which obviously still wasn't good enough.  I have never said anything negative about ANY of your work in fact I ADMIRE all of the bows you have posted, I have never posted anything negative about your work.. I especially like the carved dragon nock bow you posted earlier in the year.  So whatever problem you have with me honestly I have tried to make it right-even though I feel I really haven't done or said anything wrong (which I have already tried to explain to you) I just wish we could put it behind us and again I am sorry that you took that comment 6 months ago the wrong way I will apologize a million more times if it will make a difference.  So can we please put that one little misunderstanding behind us yet? 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline NTD

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2010, 02:25:10 am »
Buddy or not Josh, I'm gonna whoop your butt in BOM one of these days >:D ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Josh

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2010, 02:31:57 am »
Nate you certianly have the talent to win I honestly don't know why you haven't yet....  I am shocked so many people like my work... Everything I know about bow making I gleaned from the Bowyer's Bible series and this very website and magazine.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline NTD

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2010, 02:37:15 am »
Hah, every month that I've thought I had a chance a better bow comes along :)  I have no problem being beaten by a better bow ;D  And that's exactly how I've learned too, TBB's and PA.  Someday I'll get to the classic and be able to have some hands on training from some real pros.
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2010, 02:48:10 am »
Nate...all you have to do is get to Stinnett Texas....just follow I-40 from Arizona...and I will take you the rest of the way....... :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2010, 02:54:52 am »
Sounds like a plan to me Mike.  I might just have to take you up on that.  ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2010, 03:07:38 am »
I am serious...if it would hwlp you to get there  next Spring...just plan on it...and we can set it up....you will not regret the time spent...it's the Daytona Bike Week of Primitive Archery
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2010, 03:11:15 am »
I am serious...if it would hwlp you to get there  next Spring...just plan on it...and we can set it up....you will not regret the time spent...it's the Daytona Bike Week of Primitive Archery

Hey Nate I would seriously take Mike up on his offer next year if I were you, you won't have a better time and learn more stuff or meet better people anywhere else on earth!  Just be prepared to travel roughly the speed of light in a Shelby Mustang for 12 hours straight with no bathroom breaks... Heck he even gets a refueling plane to match his speed and refuels without stopping...  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2010, 03:12:55 am »
Dang Josh....you were paying attention...when I was running my Head......... >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NTD

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2010, 03:19:31 am »
Hell of a crew here I tell ya.  I appreciate it Mike and I will definitely get with you when the time comes and iron out the details.  Shoot I think just the ride in the Shelby would be worth the drive to Texas ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2010, 06:08:16 am »
MAN IS THIS BOUT OVER!
I am here to learn. It will be a long time before any of my attempts Will even be considered for BOM.
 PLEASE keep submitting pics. That is how I learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every pic gives me a new idea...I don't give a frick what style it is. Stop the BS!!!!
Funny at first....Not any more............I made my jokes........They are over...
I don't think I will ever post a bow here with my family at PA without listing as "NOT FOR BOM..."

Give me the pics and inspiration!!!

May GOD Bless you all...
And that I truly mean!

Ron...A real countryboy

Now This is primitive.
What has changed, do you get this...primitive and modern tools...

[attachment deleted by admin]
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2010, 10:16:38 am »
What's up with this thread? This thing some of us call primitive archery is my hobby. I love it. I also love this site and have been on here just about since its inception. LOL. I've got pants older than some of you. I don't fit in them but I have them. I also love helping people make bows either personally or on the web. This site is about sharing information so let's share because if we don't, in a few years there will be nothing left to share. If you don't want to enter BOM then don't. It's very simple put in (  ) "not for BOM". New bowyers, if you want to learn how to tiller well, get on the BOM part of this site and look at the tillers of the winners and when you go to a shoot step back and look at the tillers of bows fg or not.  Finally, if I don't like a  TV channel I change it provided my wife lets me.  :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2010, 11:04:30 am »
i stated earlier that i dont and wont enter BOM
thats a personal thing like i said,to me it appears to be a beauty/friendship contest.
i am way way to competitve to want to enter the contest.
wheni get into a competition i like to WIN.i do my best at every contest(that i enter) to make it happen.
i think to get away from being a beuaty/friendship contest the bows should be shot to be judged(not that i would have a better chance).
but that would be the true judgement of what bow was the best for that month.
i dont enter BOM because i dont want to be competitive with my hobby.
i do love looking at alll the pics every month though.,and even vote when there is a bow that i feel is worth voting for.
you guys make some very nice looking bows.mine are never very pretty,never have skins and tip overlays etc.
hell mine rarely even get a leather handle.
but they shoot hard,fast and sometimes even accurately  ;D ;)

so no more arguing please,the more this argument drags out.
the better chance that the powers that be would consider getting rid of the BOM just to put an end to the bickering.
if you enter BOM,great
if you dont,thats great too.
the important thing is to let the ones enter that want to,the ones that done enter well thats our choice.
but i dont think its fair to either side of this discussion to get down on the other side for their choices.
like i said
this is my hobby
i dont do it to be competitive,i do it to have fun and relax and put a smile on some poor suckers face when they walk out of my yard
with a stick in their hands and points in their pockets
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd