Author Topic: update on Keenan  (Read 3066 times)

Offline juniper junkie

update on Keenan
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:38 pm »
Lulyn asked me to post a update on Keenan. he came through his surgery good, it was a grueling 5+ hour surgery. he has been in a lot of pain and really out of it, (a lot more than usual) ;D he has a hard time staying down and not doing too much. so nurse ratchet has threatened to hobble him if he dont start behaving himself :o unfortunatley he has a long hard road ahead of him, this is by far the most extensive surgery to date for him. we hope he can be able to get around good during hunting season, or at least be able to handle a long wheelborrow ride to his stand, or maybe a hand truck with large tires ??? nurse ratchet is going to get him a laptop so he can lay on the couch and keep tabs on all of you. we really missed him at the gathering, one less person to pick on.. seriously he needs our support and prayers to recover. I know his brothers- in- bow will be there for him. on a positive note. maybe I can get his secret hunting spot out of him while he is under heavy pain meds?? unless it includes large mushrooms, rabbits, and a girl named alice ???

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: update on Keenan
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:49:19 am »
Thanks for the update, JJ.  Tell Nurse Ratchet we got her back and Keenan we have the support for his!  ;D  I have never met Keenan but I think I know him, and Lulyn, you have a hard row to hoe!...but we got your back!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:49:40 am »
I miss Keenan, hope he get better, he was very instrumental in my early days of bowmaking, a great inspiration!
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 06:38:05 am »
Thanks,I will keep him in my thoughts,he is a tough guy,I feel sure he will work through this. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:16 am »
I know Keenan to be a sincere and caring person! I hope this surgery gives him a better quality of life where he can get out and do what he wants without pain.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline PeteC

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »
Gotcha on my list Keenan. ;) For speedy healing and full recovery. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 06:15:36 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you back on line with us Keenan. Prayers sent your way. Steve

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 07:06:28 pm »
HOLY COW 5 HRS...that is alot...good to hear that he is well...i will be praying for him...john

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:04:35 am »
Keenen,  we are all pulling for you buddy.   If you were here we'd carry coffee for you.  Lay around in that bed long enough to heal right, then get up and rock'n'roll......summer's here, there's bows to make!    Get well soon!!   piper

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 08:51:02 am »
  Any update? Praying for you Keenan :)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2