Author Topic: Guess what's for breakfast..  (Read 2247 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Guess what's for breakfast..
« on: May 29, 2010, 01:38:40 am »
And maybe supper too ;D
 Popped these in about 45 minutes tonight. Didn't even make it half way around the pond.  These were all pretty nice frogs. That's a 4 D cell Maglite for reference.
  I actually like the smaller ones better, but it's hard to pass up the big un's.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Badger

Re: Guess what's for breakfast..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 01:58:34 am »
Good Job, I generaly spend the better part of a night getting a mess like that. Are those bull frogs or green frogs? Steve

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:01:53 am »
so, how do you go about, harvesting?, these frogs?  all i have around here are fat squaty toads..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:11:58 am »
Shannon you guys gotta stop posting all these eats.
its making me very very hungry  ;D ;)

i havent had frog legs since i was a young kid
we used to spend our summers at my grandparents farm.
me my brother and 4 cousins(they lived by gramps).we would camp out in the pasture.
spend all day at the swamp gigging frogs.then we would cook them for supper
damn them were good times and good eats

only ours were never quite that large.all we had were green frogs,large green ones and the occaisional bull

aero86,as far as harvesting them goes. you either gig them or shoot them with a small caliber gun.
we would use a pellet rifle if we werent gigging them

the swamp we got ours at,at the right time of the year.would be so full of frogs and so little water you could get 3-4 on the gig stick each time you threw it in
but that swamp had the smaller ones in it.we would go down to the river(3 miles away)to look for larger ones
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:09:57 pm »
Shannon:  You really like to rub it in!  I got called back in to the army when Kennedy had his Berlin Crisis and was sent to FT. Leonardwood, Mo.  I was eventually attached to special forces and put on separate rations ($1.10 a day for food).  There is a river called the Rubydo (sp) and a golf course.  One of the other fellows and I would gig frogs and catch catfish.  He bought a big electric skilit and we ate a lot of frogs.  That fellow has become my life long friend and hunting buddy.  When we get together we always remember those frog legs twitching around in the pan and how good they tasted!  Thanks for the Memory!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight