Author Topic: It feels good to share!!!  (Read 2925 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

It feels good to share!!!
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:39:19 am »
Hi guys wanted to say that it feels good to share especially when Im out and I get asked why I buy certain things like copper caps and wood working tools, I explain to them the work I do and they think its cool so what better way than to share by giving them a piece of what I do.  It isnt much but its another way to promote our ancient craft.  That it not much thought Id share that with u all.  If u want one I can send u one? 

AncientArcher/Russ

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: It feels good to share!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:43:54 am »
Nice work and very nice jester. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:15:25 pm »
Thanx Pappy Im also thinking since Ive been asked to...is to start up a flint knapping class for adults and Im not sure how they found me but also been asked by a few recovering addicts/ alcholics if I would take the time out and show them...Of course I said yes.  Its kinda weird how people find people sometimes but again it feels good to know u can help someone and help them in a way.  Even if its with rocks and flint knapping.  When I start my class I will take pictures to show the fruits of my labor...Thank you again Pappy!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 06:31:02 pm »
Great gesture Russ... I wish I knew how to knap...then I would not have to buy or trade for points...points always make nice Pendants..... I need another Hobby...like I need another Bow......  ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »
I like the way you think. Very nice gesture ;)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

half eye

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:30:27 pm »
Hey Ancient,
       I agree wholeheartedly, very nice of you, ya never know how you may change someones life....good on you.
Rich

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:52:58 pm »
I have given points to all the counter workers at the post office I ship rock in & out of.  They always ask me what's in the flat rate boxes I'm sending because they're so heavy.  The look on their faces when I said rock is priceless.  It is not as good as the look I get when I give them a point though.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 03:35:22 am »
Thank u all for all the kind words!  When I ship out bows or staves they ask me the same thing .."What do U got in there" I tell them a piece of wood or like Hardaway said box O rocks and they think Im nuts!  I actually think they see me coming and some of them start hiding... ;) the rocks can get heavy!  But as mentioned it makes their day when u give them a point.  Have a good day guys!!!!

Russ

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:23:03 am »
Russ, very nice work there and especially hats off to working with folks in the program! I feel this is the overarching trait of all here in the PA community. El Destructo is pulling your leg, he does NAP >:D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 10:59:15 am »
I thought I saw him post a few point...UUUUUU >:( >:( :( :-\ :D :D ;)

Russ

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 12:14:30 am »
Russ, very nice work there and especially hats off to working with folks in the program! I feel this is the overarching trait of all here in the PA community. El Destructo is pulling your leg, he does NAP >:D

Tracy

I make Gravel mostly...nothing like You or Russ...or even Dana...I make more Gravel than anything...but it sure lookes good in my Aquariums......... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 02:16:41 am »
LOL no worries ElDestructo!  Im still a NEWBIE as far as I see!  I love napping and since Ive started it I cant stop! 
 :D :D :D
Russ

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 02:56:19 pm »
Hey I also cleaned my basement out of the pieces from knapping and I dumped close to 3 wheel barrows of rock down over the hill Had I known u wanted some cool rock for ur aquarium I would have sent it to u... Some of that rock on Ebay looks like gravel!  LOL  have a good day!

Russ