Author Topic: Tri Lam Finished! Pic Heavy.. sorry LOL  (Read 13122 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: Tri Lam Finished! Pic Heavy.. sorry LOL
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 11:23:25 pm »
That is a very nice bow!
Frank from Germany...

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 11:55:53 pm »

Thanks Jeff... I didn't know you were a lefty too.   :) 

That's why I got into this addiction  ;D I started looking for a FG, saw an all wood bow and fell in love.....2 months later after not being able to find a SINGLE left handed all wood bow, decided to build my own.  Just curious if you have a similiar story.....once again, great job!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline billy

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:07 am »
that ugly a$$ piece of trash should be in MY collection.  I'm the only one mentally stable enough to have a bow like that and be seen with it in public.  So send it to me....NOW!  My address is...... ;D    ;D    ;D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 03:40:26 am »
wow. That's a really nice colour combination. Great looking bow, the bamboo looks awesome!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline NTD

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 04:13:04 am »
Josh these are your comments about my bow
" Awesome bow Nate, tiller looks great to  me... I too am having trouble tillering the R/D profile.  I don't think mine is gonna look this good.  Great work man! "

Well YOU WERE DEAD WRONG MY FRIEND!!! ;D ;D  You just blew mine out of the water.  Congrats on a fine bow.

Nate Danforth

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 04:43:22 am »
Thanks Steve, that means alot coming from an expert like you!   :)

Thank you Lombard!  Are you coming to the Howard Hill shoot?  We still need to shoot a round together..

Thanks a bunches Mike!  You didn't miss this one.. I just posted it this afternoon!  Thanks for the great compliment!

Thanks Frank!  I always look through your tip overlay buildalong for inspiration whenever I get to that point on a bow.  Thank you for posting that, it has helped me with tips a great deal. 

Yeah Jeff. Kinda similar.  I have a few friends that shoot that are all right handed.  I always wanted to learn to shoot properly but couldn't see spending the money they want for a modern bow.  Building my own was a perfect fit, I have I think like 20 dollars worth of materials total invested in this bow.  I love everything about this craft.  ;)

:D :D ;D  Billy...   :)

Thanks youngbowyer!

Thanks Nate, although you shouldn't sell yourself so short on your bow... It is very beautiful.    :)  On an unrelated side note, I got bit by a snow corn snake today... First time ever getting bit by one of those. Corn snakes are usually the tamest snakes I have ever handled...  Couldn't really blame the snake though it was just hungry.  I was holding it for like 30 minutes and it was calm and just sitting there not trying to crawl up my arm or anything (you know how they do)  I quit paying attention for a minute because he was so docile and he just latched onto me!  it was pretty funny.  I guess he thought my forearm was a big mouse or something, LOL. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 06:48:57 am »
Josh that is one fine looking bow, you did a great job.  And you say it's your first attempt at a tri lam?  Can't get much better than that.  You are making some really great bows.   Keep up the good work.
Traverse City, MI

HatchA

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 10:24:55 am »
Josh, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said before...  Beautiful bow, spot-on tiller, amazing colour contrast and a wonderful grip too!  I wonder though...  could a right-handed archer shoot a bow with an arrow rest for a left-handed shooter, off his hand?  Whippier or longer arrows and it should be fine, right?  ;) ;D O:)

Serious contender for LOM...?

Steve.

Offline cracker

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 10:28:33 am »
Cool bow nice piece of work.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 11:18:38 am »
looks pretty good to me, nice tiller too
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 11:27:18 am »
Steve- you could shoot with a thumb ring ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 02:30:43 pm »
Hi Josh how are you?  Anyway great job on your bow!!!  Maybe someday when I get around to trying a TriLam I will have to give u a call so u can give me some tips ;).   Have a good day!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »
Thanks Rick I was surprised this one came out as cool as it did.  i had some clamping problems during glue up of the backing strip but it worked out since Urac has a pretty long open time.  I did throw a few clamps in the process though, LOL

Thanks HatchA.  Yeah you COULD shoot the arrows off the other side if they were spined a little lower, but it would scratch my finish on that side of the bow and then I would be sad...   :'(

Thanks Cracker

Thanks  dragonman, I still think your blue throat bow was way prettier than this one.

Thanks Scott!

Thanks Russ!   :)

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Lombard

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 09:15:17 pm »
Josh, I hope to make the Howard Hill Shoot. Work has been really busy, and kept me from going to the Tennessee Classic. Doing my best to keep the same from happening in June. Lately not much time for bow building and such. Did however get a chance to hand plane a half dozen shafts today; just in case I can make it to the shoot.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »
I think you are going to rule come May Bow of the Month for Laminates! Congrats!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday