Author Topic: Osage Tiller Advise Updated Pic  (Read 8388 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Osage Tiller Advise Updated Pic
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 06:10:34 pm »
I recommend you go outside and shoot it, Big. Don't worry about tuning and where the arrows are going. As you pull try to sense if the limbs are tipping and note how it feels on release. Is it a gentle push or are the limbs slamming home at different times and then take it from there regarding whether you should sand it or not. Let us know. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Postman

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 10:56:32 pm »
 This bow build is taking forever.
[/quote]

That's why you're gonna end up with a sweet bow with the weight you wanted ! ;)
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 10:19:22 am »
I recommend you go outside and shoot it, Big. Don't worry about tuning and where the arrows are going. As you pull try to sense if the limbs are tipping and note how it feels on release. Is it a gentle push or are the limbs slamming home at different times and then take it from there regarding whether you should sand it or not. Let us know. Jawge

She feels even.  But real heavy at the end of the cycle.  Not real smooth throughout the draw cycle.  I read another place that, this is a good sign.  Hard for me to beleive.  They claimed the limbs were working well if they feel real heavy.  Where they might feel spongy if you have a hinge. Maybe half eye wrote that.  Not sure.  Thinking of whipping the ends a tad.  Little handshock
Westminster, MD