Author Topic: little skinner i been working on  (Read 4323 times)

Offline recurve shooter

little skinner i been working on
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:22:35 am »
got this little blade about a year ago. been slowly working on it. its finally nearly finished. im pretty happy with it, just got to get the edge on it and get a sheath made now. what do yall think?

lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: little skinner i been working on
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:17:18 am »
                                           Looks great...but then I am partial to Knives........ ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

half eye

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:07:03 am »
Recurve,
       Very nice, especially the shape of the cutting edge, and that size is perfect. Personally I make mine in the "drop-point" style but thats just personal preferrence. It ought to be a good one ;) There's something really sexy about skinning knives.
Rich

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »
thanks guy. halfeye, i would have probably made a different blade shape all to geather, but i got the blade in a white eliphant trade, so im just going with it.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:25:17 pm »
That turned out nice-good job!
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »
Nice one!
Frank from Germany...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »
 It look's real good, Trey. What are you going to put on the Pommel?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 10:52:33 pm »
mullet i just sanded it and polished it. Ian's dad puts silver coins on them, but we cant get him to give us one, so im just going to leave it like it is.
lets just shoot it

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:08:17 am »
NICE!
Jesus Saves!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 03:48:23 am »

Dang, boy, that came out nice!  Let me see if I can find some old silver coins, my brother gave me, which he got in a trade, a long time ago, and some one had drilled holes in them.  I will see, if I have one with the hole in the middle.  Not sure where they are at, at the moment.  But I "think" ::) I know where I put them.  Was going to melt them down at one time.  Never got around to it.
I was going to cast them into something else.  I will pm you when I find them.  Oh, yeah, they are not U.S. coins, as I remember, but I think one or two may be.  About what size is the butt end of the handle?

Wayne

Offline lowell

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 09:44:12 am »
Very nice!! :)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 10:15:42 am »
lowell, thanks man! its about an inch, inch and a half, something like that.
lets just shoot it

Offline Diligence

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 10:32:15 am »
Great job Recurve.  I'm a knife man, and I have to admit that upswept skinner points are not my favorite anymore (although I have a bunch), but that little one you made there sure makes it look nice!

Are you going to make a pouch style sheath for it, or one of those with the strap and button snap? The pouch style is my favorite as I think they are the most practical.

If you are lucky enough to live near an old antique or flea market, you could find all sorts of things on the nick-nack table to make a butt out of.....

...edit, just looked at the photos again, and yes, I am now a fan!  great lines on that handle and stacked bolsters.

J
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:16 am »
thanks Diligence.   ;D they deffinitly arnt my favorite either, but this was the first blade i got, and i started it as soon as i got it, so i figured i may as well go on and finish it up. my favorite are prolly simple little bird and trout knives. im not sure yet on the shieth, the leather work is my buddies specialty, and he takes a few months to ever get started on a project, so it may be a while. ::)
lets just shoot it