Author Topic: My Airgun "Quiver" .......very long thread & lots of pictures....& Videos  (Read 17570 times)

Offline Dane

Re: My "Quiver" .......very long thread & lots of pictures
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:45 pm »
I'm curious about why almost all of these weapons have scopes. I have always shunned scopes in favor of iron sights, except for starlight scopes. 

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 03:30:56 pm »
Scopes allow you to aim smaller.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:09:20 pm »
Cause They are Manny's Guns.....and that's the way He wanted them....... ;D..... :P..... ;)

When I am shooting high speed Metallic Projectiles at small targets....I  would opt for a scoped Rifle.....over a wounded target any day......a Mynah Bird is a pretty small and hyper little Target to hit.....plus I am sure that living on a small Island in the Pacific.....people frown at bullets just flying around aimlessly untill they hit something or just run out of energy....JMO
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 05:27:22 pm »
I'm curious about why almost all of these weapons have scopes. I have always shunned scopes in favor of iron sights, except for starlight scopes. 

Dane

totally agree that open sight are more soulfull, If I could hit a dime from 35 yards with open sight I surely would go that way, ...since I can't I take a scope ;D

airguns don't have exactly the greatest knock down power, pinpoint precision is more the name of the game  ;D

...also if you look carefully, the majority of my guns don't even have open sights  :D

O.K. next one up is open sights

....ho yeah, I doubt I could have had this 50 yards hit open sights  :)

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »
Benjamin   Super Streak .22 cal

This powerfull break barrel springer is just about at the top of the spectrum for magnum .22 spring powered airifles

It shoots the Discovery 14.3gr Hollowpoint in the mid 900s fps

This is a really phisically heavy rifle, cocking action is very light considering the power, it has a wicked recoil making it really hold sensitive, to get any kind of accuracy with this rifle the artillery hold is a must, otherwise you'll be spaying pellets everywhere, but if you do your part right the rifle is as accurate as needed.

the recoil/side to side twang is so mean that it killed the 1st scope, and the next 2 wouldn't keep zero, so I decided to go open sights  ( not much of a choice there  :D )

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:13 pm »
Damn Manny....hell of a hole in that Mongoose.....what caliber was that one?
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 06:31:44 pm »
.457     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 06:37:57 pm »
Looks like ya could see right through Him..... :P
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 07:46:38 pm »
thanks!  im gonna get me one of those scopes for this rifle.  is sure seems like it would work best.  what pellet to you recommend for it?  ive found the pointed pellets suck!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:40 pm »
Benjamin   Super Streak .22 cal

This powerfull break barrel springer is just about at the top of the spectrum for magnum .22 spring powered airifles

It shoots the Discovery 14.3gr Hollowpoint in the mid 900s fps

This is a really phisically heavy rifle, cocking action is very light considering the power, it has a wicked recoil making it really hold sensitive, to get any kind of accuracy with this rifle the artillery hold is a must, otherwise you'll be spaying pellets everywhere, but if you do your part right the rifle is as accurate as needed.

the recoil/side to side twang is so mean that it killed the 1st scope, and the next 2 wouldn't keep zero, so I decided to go open sights  ( not much of a choice there  :D )

Best damn BJ ever made...only way it'd be better is if it were underlever/sidelever...then I'd own one.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 08:32:58 pm »
wait untill the next one Mac  ;) ;)

Aero, try the Crosman Domed or Hollowpoint like the ones in the picture,...yeah pointed aren't the best
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 10:41:43 pm »
Benjamin  TRAIL NP XL  .22

This is the nitro piston version of the Super Streak, again we are at the top of the spectrum for power here.

The big advantage of the nitro piston is that unlike the springers it can be left cocked all day ( big advantage hunting)

This gun has a shrouded barrel too, making it very, very quite, all you can hear is the pellet hitting home  ;D

The gun still has a lot of recoil, but is more a predicteble back and forth (rather than back forth side to side like springers)  it's still hold sensitive so again artillery hold is a must.

I put an aftermarket match grade trigger on from Charlie da Tuna, and now this gun is just fantastic !!!

It comes with Weaver/Piccanity railing

Shooting the JSB 18.1gr Domed at just shy of 900 fps giving about 25-26 FPE, that's real good hunting energy.

The combination of power, quietness, and being able to keep it cocked make this a great hunting rifle.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:00:30 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 08:46:17 pm »
EVANIX   Rebel   .22

We now enter into a totally different real of airgunning, PCP, or Precharged Pneumatics  have a chamber that is filled with high pressure air, this type of rifles can acieve much more power than the pump or spring ones, on top of that they are pretty much recoiless making them much, much more accurate to shoot.

This powerfull Korean gun comes out of the box tuned very high allready, I sent this one out to get supercharged and now I get a wopping 900+ fps with the 18.2gr Crow Magnums Hollowpoint, this is very good hunting energy out of a pistol ( this was actually the take down version that I reshaped the stock)

this gun is a 6 shot revolver with single and double action, I get a good 12 shots at full power from one charge.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:03:18 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:52 pm »
just trying to get to the bottom of the page to start a new one  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 10:18:13 pm »
O.K. still trying  :D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII