Author Topic: conduit sleeve makes noises  (Read 1430 times)

Offline otziland

conduit sleeve makes noises
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:40:29 am »
I made a BBO 35Lb@24" using a 1 1/8" conduit sleeve 4" long to make it like a take down (no inner sleeves). I believe the fit is quite good (not easy to pull out), however, the bow makes cracking noises when it is puled.  ???
I think the bow bends just a little in the handle, but very little. I also didn't squash the conduit oval. I left it round.  Could this be the problem?
Anybody, could kindly give me any suggestion on how to fix it?

I am thinking of making it fixed gluing it with epoxy (marine loctite). Any opinion if it would stop the noise?

Thank you for any advice.

Ronny

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: conduit sleeve makes noises
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:59:06 am »
I'd try bees wax first.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:20 am »
Wax it first.  IF the limbs fit the conduit snugly you shouldn't have any issues with that.  Keep in mind some wood is just noisy.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline otziland

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 09:42:09 am »
Thank you for the response guys.

I suppose the bee wax would reduce the friction.
Do you think that the noise is due to the fact that the limb is trying to move out of the sleeve?
This is in fact my opinion, and I was wondering if it is better to try to lock the wood or allow it to move more freely.
I suppose the bee wax would allow it to move.