Author Topic: Hope Everyone is OK  (Read 5950 times)

Offline cracker

Hope Everyone is OK
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:50 pm »
I hope everyone is OK I been watching the news and it really looks rough. Some one who was or is there is everyone OK?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Hope Everyone is OK
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »
Definitely got some storms going through Tennessee don't they. Hope everyone gets home safely.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Timo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:42:00 pm »
Just talked with Sawfiler and he said there is a LOT of water, with more on the way. Took him 2 hrs to make 60 miles, but he was bout home. said the folks heading back to east NC where gonna have it rough trying to get home. Real mess.

But on a good note....for my first classic? I really enjoyed myself, Pappy , his lovey wife Jonie, and all the classic  gang are top shelf people. Thanks all. I will return! 8)

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »
The first night of storms wasn't so bad, just a lot of water and lightning.  Seemed like everything was going well by the time I left. (saturday)

Offline meximike

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:53 pm »
I made it home safely, had to leave the camper behind but that gave me a reason to get back soon.. Had a great time meeting everyone.... MexiMike

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:46 pm »
made it home had a good time had a lot of rain
bryan irwin

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 11:34:43 pm »
Yeah, it was a bit interesting trying to find a non-flooded way to get east of the storm front not being too familiar with the area, but we made it home ok. There is definitely some water on the ground down there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 11:40:39 pm »
We made it home, we hit some pretty good rain in Kentucky last night, got home here today after a night in a motel in Illinois and it was sunny and 72 degrees.
Hope everyone else is safe and sound.
Cracker, I was bummed I didn't get to say goodbye to ya before you left. I enjoyed your company buddy.
VB

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 01:35:47 am »
I got home safely about 8pm. Wade and I had a tension filled trip this afternoon. We got off secondary roads and finally on to I-40 at Carthage Tn. and found out later we just missed a tornado shortly after we hit the interstate. The wind was blowing torrential rain horizontally across the highway so heavy we could hardly see the road ahead of us. The creeks and rivers along our route were all way out of their bands and crossing the road in some places.
  Timo, it was great to finally meet you. Those delicate bows of yours sure did make me drool...and seeing the arrows you made famous in your article in PA was a treat also.  I hope to see you there again next year.
 VB, Good trade!!! ;)
  meximike, your filntknapping is outstanding and especially the chef's knife. Nice to meet you also.
  It takes a lot to get this wonderful group of folks down! Not even 14" of rain with the threat of tornadoes can spoil their fun...or was it the spring water!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:09 am »
I had a major detour.....I am still driving....just past Oklahoma City
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:29:02 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:29:31 am »
Get on that pony and ride, El D!  Have a safe trip Michael. ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 05:30:49 am »
Thanks Pat....just got Home....what a Day.....got to get some shut eye......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:48 am »
Hope no body has had any major problems on their way home, and at least are all safe. I couldn't come in to work my normal way this morning due to a road being closed and under several feet of water by the looks of it.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 09:33:26 am »
Rolled in at 2 AM, glad to be back up North where the weather makes sense :) Next year I'm building an Ark at the Classic ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:15 am »
Rolled in at 2 AM, glad to be back up North where the weather makes sense :) Next year I'm building an Ark at the Classic ;D

;D ;D ;D gotta do something with all them woodscraps huh?  I'll help.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln