Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Straight, Offset, or Helical

<< < (3/4) > >>

Agbowyer:
5 1/2" sheild cut right helical always worked well for me, but I'm thinking about going to 4" for more clearance..... shorter brace.

bikermikearchery:
I've got allot of different bows so I have allot of different arrows. Mostly I've been going with straight fletch lately, but two fletch arrows like a bit of helical. Flu flus work better with a lot of helical.

Pappy:
I use 4 1/2 Turkey feather left wing straight with a slight off set.I put them on not trimmed and put a P&Y cut with scissors.3 Fletch.I use to use a heave helical but if the arrows are spine ed right I see no need like Pat it just slows them down. :)
   Pappy

Mechslasher:
5 1/2" shield cut, straight fletched with a 5 degree offset.  silent and accurate.

perry:
       When I use store cut fletching I use 4 x4 inch parabolic with a slight helical as they are not cut high enough for my liking . When I cut my own fletching I drop back to 3 x 4 1/2 inch fletching cut in a 5/8th inch high parabolic with a moderate helical . I use fletching tape because I'm lazy and its so much easier to refletch dipped or crested arrows as the glue invariably damages paint . regards Perry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version