Author Topic: A few ABO points...  (Read 1728 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

A few ABO points...
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:44 am »
Bone and stone took a bit more than with copper but  always fun to switch it up once in awhile.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my work!  Have a good day!

Russell

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline dmedd

Re: A few ABO points...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:04 am »
Very nice abo work. I like to mix up styles and material from time to time to keep me on my toes.
I like taking big rocks and turning them into smaller pointy rocks. :-)

Douglas,GA

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:11:19 pm »
More nice points...keep up the good work! :)
south central VA

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:58 pm »
Thanx for all the kind words I gotta keep on with the bones and hammerstones u tend to get depended on copper tools.  I like my points as not always great looking in a picture but hafted to a shaft they fly straight and they cut!  I love knapping a bit too much!  Thanx again for the kind words!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:10 pm »
real nice russ
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »
Yeah thanks Jaimie I havent been knapping much and since I just work all the time I decided to bring a little travel bag to work including seome elk horn billet a hammerstone and some derr tine pressure flaker it was fun and although Im spoiled from using the modern stuff it is great using the abo.  Thanks for the comments!

Russ