Author Topic: New stuff.  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Parnell

New stuff.
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:32:08 pm »
I'm having a lot more fun flintknapping lately and really starting to get a feel for it.  I finally found myself a toaster oven and have heat treated some of my rock.  Wow, I can't believe how much more controlled the percussion feels.  I can actually plan my flakes.  So much more fun...

Here are some points I have done over the past week.

The hafted arrowhead came from a simple touched up flake that came off beautifully.

More to come.

[attachment deleted by admin]
1’—>1’

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: New stuff.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:51:33 am »
Good work Parnell!  I never tought to use a toaster oven very ingenius.  It takes lots of practice and knicks and cuts all part of the fun.  Keep on it and keep up the good work!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:17:53 pm »
good chippins
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:18 am »
Nice ones.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:29:54 am »
Doing a fine job on those points.Heating sometimes makes alot of difference.
Venice Florida