Author Topic: Compound break, longbow fix  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Kegan

Compound break, longbow fix
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »
My friend Art and I were trying to get an old Reflex Caribou Hunter to work, so I tried some of my good arrows out of it the other day... only to have it skip it off the driveway when I aimed a little low and send it rocketing up and slamming 20' up in a cherry tree :(. Despite my willingness to climb, this one was a bit beyond my capabilities. So I tried to sling a rope with a weight up into a Y in order to pull myself up... but I can't throw worth a darn and only succeeded in dropping a large dead branch down onto my head :'(. Finally, fed up with my inability to throw accurately, I said "that's it... I'm getting my bow." A real bow. So I tied a bit of string about the pioint, send the arrow gracefully where I aimed it, and down dame my arrow. In a matter of moments. With no branches coming down on my head.

The Gods are sending me a sign here. And I think if I want to keep my scalp in tact, I better listen to it :D!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Compound break, longbow fix
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:21 am »
Listen to the gods!!! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »
That's exactly how I get cats out of tree's. >:D >:D

Just kiddin'
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:43:27 am »
I learned two things from this: I'm sticking with longbows like bankers to free money, and arrow with string on it is a fun fix to common household problems >:D