Author Topic: Best Broadhead choice 2 blade or 3 or 4 or UGH!!!!!  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Joey V.

Best Broadhead choice 2 blade or 3 or 4 or UGH!!!!!
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:51:51 pm »
I just finished a Penobscot double bow out of hickory and she is a shooter and fast too chrono’s around 160 fps!  I have a question about broadheads though.  Being new to traditional archery, I don't feel comfortable yet using trade points or Obsidian…yet.  I am considring Magnus Stinger broadheads but should I use bleeder blades or just the two blade version for deer?  I am interested in the best blood trail and quickest kill so 4 blades seems to make more sense than two right?  I am worried that penetration might not be good enough with the inclusion of bleeder blades although they are pretty small.  For years I have been all caught up in the marketing and crap out there with compounds and speed and now just over analyze everything because these self bows are half as fast.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
Joey V.

Offline lowell

Re: Best Broadhead choice 2 blade or 3 or 4 or UGH!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:40 pm »
I have tried a little bit of everything but have stayed with a 2 blade Ace broadhead for the past 3 or 4 years.

I don't worry about having a good blood trail as much as I worry about hitting where I want.  An arrow in the right spot is sooooo much better than an arrow in a bad spot that may leave a better blood trail but is not a killing shot!!

My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:03:15 pm »
 I really like the new Wensel's. I'm either shooting them or Grizzly two blade's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:50 pm »
Two-blades usually work much better with traditional equipment-better penetration. For commercial broadheads, I like the Zwickey Eskimos.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

half eye

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:52:53 pm »
I'm like lowell,  I have only ever shot fixed 2 blades....and since going to 160 grain heads I also only shoot the Ace Standard or the Magnus II, 2 blade both at 160 grains.....by the way I prefer the double bevel types over the single bevel (no disrespect intended)
Rich

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:07:47 pm »
Magnus Stingers...or Buzzcuts...without the Bleeder Blades for Traditional and Primitive....Montec G5's for my Training Wheel Bows....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 12:20:11 am »
I'm with most of the other guys. I started out with Zwicky Eskimo without bleeders then went to Grizzly 2 blade and Wensel  three blade.   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC