Main Discussion Area > Bows

first R/d bow how does this tiller look?

<< < (9/9)

Pat B:
The Ferret's Floppy Rest is an good option for a rest and strike plate. It will protect your hand from the fletchings and is simple and easy to install and use.   Pat

ps. JD, I used to use 0000 steel wool to remove the shine from Tru-Oil finish but found that everywhere the bow rubbed against my cloths, the shine would reappear. That's why I started using spray satin poly to cut the shine.

Badger:
At 30" it could have been, I think I was drawing 28". What is the draw weight at 30"? Steve

NOMADIC PIRATE:
2018 with 125gr points should come out at about 550gr, 167fps sounds great to me ;D ;D,

Jesse:
Thanks for the calculation.

Rich Saffold:
Steve,It's around 66#+- a couple depending on the dryness.At Chamberlin last year the rh was around 80% since it had been raining, and I measured the bow on Ken's tiller tree just before you shot it and it measure 6o0@28" which I thought was a bit light.The other subtle differences with this bow I have learned that I should do more often is using a little more crown across the 1" wide limb, and  using the thicker (3/16") trapped bamboo. The middle 16" is rigid as well so over a 67"ntn its just 51" of working limbs..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version