Author Topic: 4 leaf clovers and more  (Read 2756 times)

Offline aznboi3644

4 leaf clovers and more
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:38 pm »
Today my sister, a good friend, and I made a wonderful discovery today.  After some flight shooting in the park across the street we shot some in my back yard...after we got bored and me losing my arrow we proceeded to walk back to my house.

My friend commented that he wanted to lay down and search for a four leaf clover some afternoon so I just did a quick look around my feet...seconds later my sister hollars out from 10 feet in front of us "Here's one!".

We didn't believe her until we walked up and saw it for ourselves...promptly I found one...then another...and another.  Soon I found a 6 leaf clover.  Oh this was too good to pass up so I went and got the grass plugger and dug up a few four leafs, one five leaf, and a six leaf clover to plant in a pot.

What we discovered was a small 7 foot diameter patch of clovers with plentiful amounts of four leafs...BUT THE LOCATION IS SECRET lol.

I was estatic as today was the first day I ever found a four leaf in my life.

In total I have over 50 four leaf clovers.

What I want to do is incorporate them into my bows and arrows...I was thinking about making a set of lucky arrows with a four leaf clover on each arrow...or decorate a bow with four leaf clovers all over the back.

Welp just wanted to share...I'll get some pics up soon as I can.

Offline recurve shooter

Re: 4 leaf clovers and more
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:48 am »
thats pretty cool man. im pretty sure someone on here knows some kinda way to set a clover in some kinda resin and then set it in a bow riser, or something like that. and that would be cool!  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:48:05 pm »
cool. we never had big patches of 4 leafs but lotsa lotsa 3 leafs. my wife would often spend an hour or two searching for me. she was convinced that if i was going to kill deer every year i needed to carry a 4 leaf clover in my wallet with my hunting licenses. a new one for every season. deer & turkey.  but we usually collected 3-4 a year.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:53 pm »
pics?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »
not trying to burst your bubble or anything of the such
but are you sure they are "clover" and not some variety of plant that is similar to clover?
we have several varieties up here,not all are a clover
just curious
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:30:09 am »
I saw some huge clovers at Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park in Big Sur. Not sure if they were four leaf...was kinda preoccupied doing something else... >:D
Living a dream...