Author Topic: Update on Keenan  (Read 24105 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Update on Keenan
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2010, 09:01:18 pm »
I sent he and Lulyn an e-mail a few weeks ago but haven't heard back. I know they were dealing with Lulyn's Dad also.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »
Yeah Pat....I know they  have a full plate right now...I was just hoping for a good update
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2010, 12:04:52 am »
Me too!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »
Hope your all doing OK Keenan!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Gordon

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 11:27:23 am »
Keenan and his family are going through some rough times right now. They could use your prayers.
Gordon

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 08:07:54 am »
GOD BLESS
GOD BLESS
GOD BLESS

tHOSE ARE NOT JUST WORDS!!!!!!

May the Lord always be with YOU....

I am praying...
Ron
OKIE (believes in prayer)
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2010, 09:56:06 pm »
 Just want to say sorry for my long absence everyone. Things have smoothed some on the home front and Lulyn and I are learning to work as a team better with the care of her father(Kieth). Kieth has been real sick for a while now. He has some good days once in a while but most of the time is sick. Last week they scoped him again and it doesn't appear the Chemo has helped much. This week they are shifting to plan B with some stronger stuff, and may need to remove the bladder and prostate eventually.
  Lulyn has been doing well and I'm getting stronger everyday and less pain in my legs now. It takes three months for the bone graphs to start growing and a year before they are full strength.But the hardware is holding and doing good. Also been doing physical therapy twice a week. The doc says no hunting this year but He doesn't know that I've been shooting for three weeks already. . We were able to get out Saturday and Lulyn helped me pack in a tree standand get it hung by a salt lick.  Several other friends are going to help when needed a well, so I can get out on some short hunts. Lulyn is convinced that all I need to focus on this year is calling for her.
   I feel that I've let people down by being away so long and I will try to be better about doing my part as a moderator. I will do my best to take the time to plug in more.  Kieth is sleeping more but still having allot of nausea and it seems I'm constantly cleaning up but it is what is needed for now.  I prayed to get to know him better and that has certainly happened with getting him moved in hear so we could care for him. He now says I'm his best friend and I wish I could do more to help and would love to get him out fishing again but not sure that is going to happen.
  Thank you for the prayers and support. When I read down threw all the kind words,thoughts and prayers, I am reminded of just how much of a family that you all are. Looks like I have missed quite a bit.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2010, 10:11:37 pm »
Your family has been in my prayers buddy. Take care of the family and yourself first...we'll all be here when things calm down ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Keenan

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2010, 01:08:44 am »
 Thanks Jeff  ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:10 am »
Glad to hear from you Keenan...prayers are still coming from Texas too...God Bless....

Hope You got the Care Package from the Classic..
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2010, 01:38:12 pm »
Thanks Mike,  The care package that you guys did, moved me to tears,,,,timing was perfect and I have been wearing it proudly.  Thank you again, for your organizing and effort and thank you to all who signed.

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2010, 12:00:35 am »
Keenan,Hang in there man.I know what you are goin through.My soon to be 15yr old stepdaughter has had 9 surgeries on her back and is fused from her neck to her tailbone.Its a long tough road but the main thing is please dont overdo.Takes a long time to heal and short time to mess things up.Lot of sleepless nights.How many did they fuse?If you dont mind me asking.Please take care and I wish you the best of luck and a full recovery.Ya know ya kinda take stuff for granted until things like this come up.Keep ya spirits up and head held high.Your family is in our thoughts and prayers!!

Randy Peake
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:07 pm »
Apologies, Keenan, but I just found this thread. I had no idea you were going through these hard times. I wish you well and don't be surprised if I include you in a prayer or two.  ;)
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2010, 06:00:13 am »
Keenan and family

Have'nt stopped praying...
Never will....Till you and your's are all well....

God knows...God helps...God heals.

God Bless

Ron
The Okie

P.S.  Listen to the Docs!!!!
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2010, 12:08:45 pm »
been out of the loop brother. i learned more than ever over the past couple years that life has a habit of kickin us square in the jewels at times, and it looks like youve had your share of kicks. the one lesson it teaches us is what is important. no amount of money, big cars, jewelry or living the high life can replace being with friends and family, watching the moon or the sun cross the sky or just staring into the eyes of the one your with. listen to the wind today brother, theres a lot of good energy coming your way. peace
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct