Author Topic: microblade points?  (Read 2903 times)

Offline recurve shooter

microblade points?
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:42:04 am »
hi guys. couldnt figure out where to put this so i figured here would be the safest bet. i asked about this a while back and never really got any replies or anything, but have any of you guys ever made the microblade points? like hardwood foreshafts with little flakes set in it? i remember seeing one and i thought it would make one heck of a bunnie impalement apparatus. pics or advice or anything would be cool. thanks guys. ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Mechslasher

Re: microblade points?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:19 am »
james parker made a couple using obsidian blades and antler tips.  i think he drove one through a shoulder blade on a buck.  they looked like a ton of work is the reason i haven't tried them.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:52:01 am »
James Parker(robustus) has made microblade points using antler tips with 5 microblade inserts. I believe he shot a deer, through the scapula, and only lost 1 or 2 of the microblades but killed the deer.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:54:07 am »
great minds....Chris!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:32 am »
thanks guys i'll shoot him a pm.
lets just shoot it

Offline KenH

• The Kilted Cook
    • The Kilted Cook Personal Chef
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:30 am »
Half Eye just posted about some he made.  Look here:  http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,18840.0.html
You Kill It - I Cook It!
Ken Hulme,
The Kilted Cook Personal Chef Service