Author Topic: April 16th: For me a day to remember  (Read 3227 times)

vtclimber

April 16th: For me a day to remember
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:39:53 am »
PA friends.

April 16th 2007 was a day that changed the lives of many in a small south west Virginia town. It was on this day that many of us lost friends, loved ones, husbands, daughters, brothers, and wives due to senseless acts of violence at Virginia Tech. I would like to ask everyone to send their thoughts to the families and friends of the Virginia Tech victims as we remember the events that occurred. As a member of the Tech community, today is a day that I will never forget and it is one that will always bring tears to my eyes. Today is a day that I will not work, I will not play, and I will not forget.

Regards,

Dave Kramar
Department of Geography
Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, Va. 24061

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: April 16th: For me a day to remember
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:48:04 am »
amen to that
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:29:51 am »
I aint a christian or anything but ill send a prayer to what i believe. the guy that did it was a coward and still is in death. my wishes to the families of the people that died in honor
Modern Day Tramp

vtclimber

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 11:44:01 am »
Thank you huntertrapper. The thoughts are much appreciated.

Grunt

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:51:35 am »
A day to honor those that were lost. I have a few days like that myself. What I try to do in my life is to act for those who are not with us any more. vtclimer, do good things to honor those we lost. Act for them, do the good things they never had a chance to do.
Semper Fi,

vtclimber

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:05 am »
Very well put Grunt. I try to do that every day in the classroom and in life. It gets hard once in a while when life throws a curve-ball at you, but ya just keep on getting it. The 16th was a tough day, but we (VT) made it through. Every body grieves in their own way and I often get asked why I don't participate in the functions. I do participate in my own way and it gives me a way to reflect.

On another note...I'll try to give a holler here shortly. I am still needing that weekend away from Blacksburg. Spring is here..and it seems like I am finally recuperating from the collapsed lung I had a couple weeks ago.

Offline smokeu

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:45 am »
10-4 my prayers are with you the victims and your family.  God Bless!
Longview, TEXAS

vtclimber

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:13 am »
Thank you Smokeu. I can say it is all much appreciated down here.