Author Topic: Stave on ebay  (Read 1291 times)

Offline J05H

Stave on ebay
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:19:57 am »
What do you guys think of this stave?

How hard would it be to get the twist out? Is it a very good stave?

No links, especially ebay
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:24:48 pm by Justin Snyder »
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Stave on ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »
Don't look to bad from what I can see, If it is seasoned it won't be no trouble to get it straight with a little heat.I just hate to buy stuff I can't touch,that's just me. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:26:43 pm »
Looks like a pretty good stave to me too but like Pappy said, I hate buying things without being able to physically inspect them.  Also, at 72" long and an irregular shape the shipping costs will be high.
  There is not enough twist in that stave to worry about. If you are new at bow building the character aspects of that stave can make it a difficult build for you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:32:46 pm »
Don't look bad but I'm with Pappy and Pat :)

You could always contact yazoo on here he's a purveyor of fine osage, you wouldn't be sorry :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:13:11 pm »
i have bought several staves from this fellow and they have all been of good quailty.  if i was going to spend that kind of money on a stave, i'd at least have the sapwood removed.  this stave is three months old so it will take another year or two for it to cure before it's ready to work.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy