Main Discussion Area > Arrows

All about spine.

<< < (8/9) > >>

artcher1:
Good read Matte, yeah, I'm pretty much an instinctive shooter. Or was. Due to ever changing physical requirements I've gone to gap shooting here of late. But I shoot both styles equally bad anymore :'(.

What I was referring to, the same benefit you get from tapered arrows around the handle, is not beneficial over the hand/shelf in itself. Going from large point end to small nock end creates that down hill effect that I previously mentioned. But if the bow is tuned for this then it doesn't matter. Which none of mine are because I mostly shoot parallel rear tapered arrows. A very noticable difference when both types of arrows are shot together though. I just aim a little higher when shooting natural or full tapered of arrows instead of adjusting my string nock.-ART B

mullet:
   YooooHooo!,Glad you're posting Art.Everytime you do I learn something about arrows.If nothing else,how to cut boo.

Ludi Mile:
Hey, is there some primitive method to measure spine? :D I mean, how was it done before invention of testers?

DanaM:
Shoot the arra and see what happens I guess ;D

DanaM

Pat B:
What you are doing with a spine tester is measuring the deflection of the arrow. If you have arrows of differant spine weights you can stick 2 nails in the wall 26" apart, place the arrow on the nails and hang a weight at the center. Mark the deflection of each arrow so you will have a referance.
   You can test the spine by feel also. After you do it a bit you will feel the differance between differant arrows. Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version