Main Discussion Area > Bows

Budding Bowyer (?) @ 71

<< < (7/8) > >>

GregB:
Nice bow Bernie! How did you tie off your cord handle? I've never done one before, and was wondering if you do it the same as you would applying serving on a bowstring. I know how to do serving...I've made over 30 flemish bowstrings this past week preparing for the Tn. Classic.

Oh yeah...Simper Fi! ;) Hope the spelling is right on that!

ridge:
 I,ll not be slapping you around Bernie. I have a buddy up in Vermont that is still a marine at 87yrs. From the waist up he can hurt me. His legs ain,t to good so i can outrun the old duffer. Luck on the next one.   Ridge

ber643:
Close, Greg, it's Semper Fi but the meaning is there anyway - thanks. Besides, I had twenty years to learn how to spell it - LOL (1952-1972) You are right about the cord though, it's done exactly like serving a bowstring.

Agbowyer, thanks  again and after you get finished wrapping you paint the cord with dilluted woodglue (I used Elmer's) or Titebond Then once it has dried you are supposed to coat it with the same finish you used on the bow. However I used Tru-oil on the cord for contrast of gloss look and feel, against the Satin Polypro of the bow. I really like Tru-oil (for lots of things) and probably would have finished the bow with that except that Mike warned me about the Hickory's propensity to soak up moisture.

I was out shooting it again this evening - it's a fun and comfortable bow to shoot. I have to cant it a little more than some of my bows. Pretty good authority for a 40#er too. Others have said as much of it also.

Pappy:
I just re looked at it I must of missed the grip the first time ,I love that,haven't done one of them in a long time but now that you have jogged my mine I am going to try another one.Great job.
And by the way,Thanks for you service to our Great country. :)
   Pappy

MattE:
Bernie also makes a killer turkey call! I have one on display.It isn't any surprise to me that he would make a nice bow as well. Thanks Benie!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version