Author Topic: a sad situation in my home town  (Read 4668 times)

Offline kylerprochaska

a sad situation in my home town
« on: March 30, 2010, 02:43:48 am »
We recently had a kid accidentally commit suicide.  He was burried on his 12th birthday.  He died as a result of experimenting with "the choking game"  I had not heard of it until this happened...all of you with kids or friends with kids watch this video and pass it on it is very sad and i can't believe our youth is doing things like this for a high.   ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oi1j3FYgYs
GBR!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: a sad situation in my home town
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 02:54:38 am »
Thats big down here too...they do it at School....online...as a Game...for the Rush....man thats sad to hear...but Suicides are not as rare now as they were when I was growing up....I remember only hearing of one attempt...and he did a good job of trying...sat on a 12 gauge barrel...lost one Kidney....half a liver...and almost bled to death before the Ambulance got to him......but my Son lost 4 friends in all his years of School to suicides...but none were the Choking Game...all were Boys...and all were not games...I cannot fathom what goes through a Child's head that would make them want to end their lives...they have not even experienced life...let alone it's problems yet...I am at a total loss as to why..........
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:19:35 pm »
That's so disturbing.  Had trouble watching all of that clip.

My heart goes out to the parents of them all...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:45 pm »
I don't get it anymore ??? As a teen I did lots of stupid stuff but choking yourself just doesn't make sense ??? :o :'(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:39:29 pm »
I'm with Dana.  As a father, the story broke my heart, but that is just weird.  I've never heard of it and can't imagine the draw to do something like that!  As a teenager, my kicks came from homeruns, QB sacks, and personal best in the weight room- that was a much bigger adrenaline rush than drugs/alcohol/or choking myslelf.  Sports or other extracurricular activities (hunting, fishing, debate- whatever) seams to keep kids from making silly decisions.  Maybe this is nothing but a naive rant...  ???
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Jesse

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:40:32 pm »
Thats very sad. People are always looking for ways to alter reality.  If you have ever been knocked out you know how bizarre and confusing it is to regain consciousness. I'm sure this was the attraction to the activity. I dont think he had a clue as to how deadly this was. Hope a lot of kids get the message so maybe others will realize it is far from a game.   :(
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »
never heard of this but my friends were trying to pass out by hyperventilating thinking it would feel really cool, fortunately they only got light headed.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:43:32 pm »
never heard of this but my friends were trying to pass out by hyperventilating thinking it would feel really cool, fortunately they only got light headed.

yup i had riends doing that when i was in high school,they would also press their thumbs on each others arteries in the nech untill they passed out
several ended up with stitches from collapsing and smacking thier heads
for some the smack to the head worked,cause they didnt so it again.some did
me i got my rushes from other means not mentionable here ::)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd