Author Topic: my good weekend!  (Read 2667 times)

Offline aero86

my good weekend!
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:49:18 am »
Friday. Went to my girlfriends fishing spot and proceeded to cut a bunch of river cane, about 60. And found about 6 atlatl diameter shafts as well.  Made a atlatl out of a funky growing cane and some zip ties I had brought, survival situation stuff.   Got it to work a couple times, never having ever used one before

Saturday. Windy as crap, but went back to the river, spot was taken so moved down stream some. Cane stand wasn't as big but still got about25 to 30 more and a coupke more dart size ones. I also found a tray that had fallen over but was still alive. Cut it to about 6 foot and put it in the car to head to the flea market. Bought a nice double sided hatchet and a knife for my coyote quiver. Came back to the river to a different spot. Built my girlfriend a windbreak, cut 3 more darts and roughed out the mistery wood stave for quick drying.

Sunday, finally finish the board bow I've been working on since decmber. Didn't lack much just tillering and a string. Its finished but not finished, but it shots great so far!  About 30 or 40 shots in, shootin good! 

Couldn't have asked for a better weeked, except for maybe a critter or to to jump out and scare with a near miss arrow
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline huntertrapper

Re: my good weekend!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:45:57 am »
nice man.good weekend
Modern Day Tramp

vtclimber

Re: my good weekend!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:09:07 am »
Sounds like a good weekend to me..