Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Small Game Points - Sticky

<< < (12/12)

Hawkdancer:
They certainly look effective!  The "high brass shells" are generally heavier hunting loads, and magnum loads, pheasants, waterfowl, etc.; "low brass" are target, skeet, etc.  I will have to check my cache and junk shell bag for some usable empties.  We make a habit of picking spent cases wherever we find the, so I have plenty!
Hawkdancer

BowEd:
I see...about the brass height.Don't think I've ever bought trap & skeet  loads then I guess.All of the blunts I've seen displayed will do a damn damn really.There fun arrows for stump shooting too.

Hawkdancer:
What size shoots do you start with?  20 ga. Is about .62 cal or so.  Do you fletch with a standard 3 feather? Or a 4 or more?
Hawkdancer

BowEd:
A person will need to start with thicker than normal shoots of course or be picky about the kind harvested.While harvesting a person will see that all shoots are'nt the same in their taper.I'll harvest ones that fit the brass nicely.With the arrow a shade longer of 3" or so I increase the thickness just on the last 3" on the tip end.Looking sort of bulbous.The rest of the shaft is spined to the bow and the normal thickness I like it.Helps to harvest a lot of shoots pick through the ones that suit ya.
Fletching is just your standard 3 feather fletch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version