Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Small Game Points - Sticky

<< < (8/12) > >>

mitch:
Anybody got any pics of fishing arrows? ???

jermcramp1:
Someone asked me to post these...

3" pieces of all-thread, sharpened on one end, tapered to fit in the boo shaft on the other end, drilled a hole at an angle to the tip and bent a finish nail through it. then ground the threads off the center " and drilled a hole for the string to tie on.

You can kinda see the angle of the nail and the center holes. I havent tried them but I'm not too confident in the design...

outdoorX05:
i know most of these heads are home made but my and dad like to take a glue on field point and flatten it down to the first step with a file then cut a grove straight down the center and insert a small triangle of blanding steel and fix it with JB weld. make sure to have to point of the banding steel flush with the tip of the point.  This way when you hit a squirrel head cuts right through and wont allow for him to pull it out. but also if you hit a tree limb high up your arrows tend to bounce out and just fall down to you. we have tried alot of diffrent configurations but this works the best so far. our bows are tween 50 and 60 lbs. if you are worried about punching through a squirrel with a lighter bow just make the blade channel smaller forcing the triangle more towards the tip of the point.

Stalkingfox:
I realise this is an old post but id love to make the tarantula some how without purchasing anything

Dan K:
Any chance to get this post updated?  There are pics that do not open and I'm interested in the fishing heads.  Thx!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version