Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Small Game Points - Sticky

<< < (5/12) > >>

skyarrow:
thanx for doing this i just made a 40S&W casing blunt that i found in my yard lol  ;D

wonderwolf:
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18715.0;attach=32707;image

Is that a 38 spl casing behind the arrowhead? How is that constructed? Slide the case down the shaft mount the head and epoxy it into place??

JW_Halverson:
Sure looks like it.  I've made some bunnybusting points like that one.  The blade is made up of any heavy sheetmetal you have on hand, just saw a thin slot in the base of the casing with a hacksaw.  Slip the sheetmetal into the slot and hit it with a touch of solder.  You don't even need to taper the shaft, slide it in square with some epoxy in the hole and call it good!

Mine didn't have such a long point, more of a right angle on the two cutting edges, though. 

65x55 swedis:
i am defiantly going to have to try the tarantula this year. had the same problem as you with squirrels

sadiejane:
got a small pile of spent shells and gonna make some blunts. anything i shld know about removing primer. any precautuions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version