Author Topic: Some Progress  (Read 4420 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Some Progress
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 11:00:18 pm »
 We all need to meet somewhere,,like Lithia Springs Park on the Alifia River for a weekend camping and chipping. We can also go up the river a little bit and get some Coral or Tampa Bay Bottom. Your chipping looks good. Give yourself a break though, heat treat it. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Parnell

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 11:28:38 pm »
 Sounds good to me.  I'll be off work after this week - spring break at school.  Don't know if you'll be around over the next couple weekends to think about it?  I'll give you a call.
1’—>1’

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:59 pm »

Hey, if you have room, I would like to get in on that also.  I will bring the beer.  I would love to get some coral, and I need to get my pressure knapping up to par.  I have actually gotten fair at percussion.  It is the pressure knapping that I am still having problems with.  I may be busy this weekend, I am not sure, My Buddy who is building my house in Montana, and his wife, are in the Bahamas for some R&R, and might be back this week end, and I wanted to get him and his wife to come up to My Girl Friends, house in Palm Bay, for some Garlic crabs, before heading back to Montana to finish my house, if I have the finances left.  But I would love to do something like that.  I would love to find some points, and just find some coral to work with.  I have two small pieces that I am saving from my destructive hands, till I can get my pressure knapping in gear.  When are you heading up to N.C. ?  I thought you were leaving almost as soon as you got home?

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:36:53 am »
 I'm going to Pappy's Easter weekend, turkey hunting. I have class this coming weekend. The river is muddy right now but will probally be clear in a few weeks. It will be better if we wait till all these Cold Fronts quit coming through.It is supposed to rain again Friday so the river will turn to crap again.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 01:42:22 am »

Alright, thanks, just let me know when.  I know the weather has to be above 70 for your sensitive heating system...... ;D
     But just let me know when you can go.

Wayne

Offline Parnell

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:42 am »
Sounds good. 
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 09:10:14 am »
 That cold water won't bother me. I have a 13mm thick wet suit. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 09:39:25 am »

You know......you are always trying to cheat mother nature! ::)

Wayne

Offline Parnell

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 10:42:50 am »
I did my first openwater dives in 38 degree water.  Now that'll get you used to some cold water!  Ouch!
1’—>1’