Author Topic: great day even though  (Read 3759 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
great day even though
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:49:12 pm »
only thing missing is meat on the fire and the ear on the obsidian, have a bunch of spalls cooking under that fire too.  ;D

"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: great day even though
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:15 pm »
Jamie, man thats a tuff one :'( but stuff happens. Great lookin point anyways. Thats a great looking shelter in the background. Later Bob

Lombard

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »
I'm sure you will salvage something nice out of it. Just how big is your abo wabo hut?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:44:14 pm »
Man that stinks!   
That plastic tackle box looks out of place in that picture.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:55:02 pm »

That is the first thing I notice Shannon.

Bummer on the ear there Jamie. I have lots of points like that.

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 01:28:57 am »
awesome pic jamie....I want to ditch all my responsibilities and live in your bark wigwam....that thing is AWESOME!! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:03:01 am »
plenty of room in the wigwam.  ;D its actually a longhouse. its about 30' long and 9' tall. there is a smaller 10' radius wigwam just out of the picture that i will be reframing this year and i have to build another wigwam there with reed walls. and i agree the tackle box is a slap in the face.

this pic gives a better idea how big it is. im 5'8"

"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 08:35:10 am »
Man that stinks!   

Looks like a primitive Plano from the 70's :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:24:56 am »
Jamie, it looks like you're living the life man! Bummer about the ear on a good looking point.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline xin

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 02:00:29 pm »
You are the abo-man!! Really nice abo setup. I know a lot of work went into it.  Too bad about the broken ear, but it is still a very nice point.  I'm sure the replacement is curing in the fire.  The whole thing is very,  very impressive.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 03:12:08 pm »
That wigwam is killer, they just had a special on public TV here in Michigan(WMNU TV) showing how to build a birch bark wigwam, theres alot of work involved so I have alot of respect for your accomplishment. It's got to make you feel like you can understand the lifestyle of the indians to a small extent.  Very impressive Jamie.
VB

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:43 pm »
Jaimie nice point just the same put some cray glue on it and sell it on ebay!  lol

Russ

Offline DanaM

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 09:26:59 pm »
That wigwam is killer, they just had a special on public TV here in Michigan(WMNU TV) showing how to build a birch bark wigwam, theres alot of work involved so I have alot of respect for your accomplishment. It's got to make you feel like you can understand the lifestyle of the indians to a small extent.  Very impressive Jamie.
VB

Mark I saw that one, did you notice they used wire to lash the poles together :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »
Very impressive setup jamie!  Sorry about the point, but like you said, it looks like a great day anyway.
south central VA

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 11:07:09 pm »
That is too cool Jamie - everything! How's the rock cooking going?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.