Author Topic: First bow  (Read 1554 times)

Offline stickthrower

First bow
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:33:45 pm »
I am hoping this weekend to finally get a chance to start my first bow.  I got a terrific stave, and now I need to get working on it.  I have been working on some knives for some people, and I am hoping to finish the last one this weekend, and then I plan on spending some time trying to make the first bow.  I will put some pictures on as I am able to let you know the progress.

Nathan
Sartell, Minnesota

half eye

Re: First bow
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »
Nathan,
       Ya better be real carefull bud, bow makin is about as sneaky a hobby (addiction) as they come....first one is enough to get ya hooked ;D Then, it's all downhill from there. Welcome aboard and I can't wait to see the pics.
Rich

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 03:20:55 am »
Good luck!  Of course if it turns out good, you'll soon be thinking of ways that you make another that's faster, or heavier, or ....somethin'.  And , if it breaks, you'll just have to start over again, just to prove you can do it.  As Rich said, It's all downhill now.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 06:21:28 am »
Good luck with it,take your time and if you have any questions,be sure to ask and someone will be glad to help.Keep us posted. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good