Author Topic: hunting regulations  (Read 3113 times)

Offline youngbowyer33

hunting regulations
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
I would like to start hunting in the near future, or at least in a year or 2. I live in Ontario, Canada, and the hunting regulations site is a bit unclear. It says i need an Outdoors Card, and there are 2 types, class H1 and H2. I believe that I will need an H2, am i right?do you know? And to even apply for one I think I need to pass an Ontario Hunter Education Course exam. I'm just reading now that i need to be 16 years of age or older to apply for the card so forget that, and my question now is is it the H1 or H2 class?sorry if this is not what it's like in the states(where most of you are), and i appreciate any answers and help.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline Barrage

Re: hunting regulations
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:59:55 pm »
Don't know what Ontario is like, but you probably have to go through a hunters saftey course or some type of equivalent.  Best bet if you can't find info on the internet is to find a course provider and talk to them to find out what you need.
Travis

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:22 am »
no clue man im on the opposite end of the world lol southern louisiana.  but even down here you have to take a hunters saftey course so deffinitly get signed up for that as soon as possible, and i have no clue about the h1 or h2 liscence thingy. i have a lifetime louisiana hunting and fishing lisence, so pretty much as long as im in this state i can hunt or fish whatever i want as long as its in season.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 03:23:15 pm »
Sounds like it might be easier to get the "night vision goggles & ninja costume" license.   >:D

Just kidding! :o
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 03:29:29 pm »
I would suggest you take the hunters education course. Lots of good info in the course and the folks in charge can give you the info you are looking for.
  I never had to take a hunters ed before in over 30 years of hunting until I went to Colorado in '06 to hunt elk. It was very informative and I'm glad I took it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC