Author Topic: Another Elm Self Bow  (Read 7080 times)

Offline Diligence

Re: Another Elm Self Bow
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:53 pm »
Gentlemen - thanks again for the kind comments.  I showed him last night adn he was tickled pink to see his photo posted up here for you to see.

@barrage, @wildman - yep, those neighborhood rabbits better get good at hiding.....so should that yappy mini-dog next door.
@Dana, @ josh - thank you for the kind words, my children are my blessing in life.
@Canoe, @profsaffel- I'm already glad that I made this bow, and now I can hardly wait until my twins girls are 3 also!
@venisonburger, @pappy & @Parnell - yep, he cracks me up...smiling like the cheshire cat every time he pulls on it.

He's getting better at his form after only a dozen shot or so....as with most 3 year olds, his attention span is somewhat short, and it helps to have a nice big cardboard box, 8 feet away for a target.  Easy to hit, and loud when the arrow smacks it.  He is fascinated with the holes that are left behind when he pulls out the arrow.

For kicks and giggles, I shot his spiral flu-flu 19" arrow with 60gr field point on it - distance style at 16" draw. It really zips out to about 25-30 yards, then drops like a rock.  I almost want to make myself one this size so we can shoot together....hmmmmm - now there's a good idea and the weekend is coming fast.

Cheers all - spring has almost completely sprung!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Another Elm Self Bow
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:57:07 pm »
 Great little, bow and a happy looking son. I've got to make one for the Grandson when I get home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?