Author Topic: Frode's cheap shaving horse...  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Frode

Frode's cheap shaving horse...
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:59:18 pm »
Proving once again that the only thing better than a deck screw is a drywall screw, and with inspiration from here;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMNN6ryZeg
Here's my attempt at a standing shaving horse.  So far it seems to work pretty well, though it could use some additional support on the Underground Lair's uneven floor.  $8.00 US if you don't count the screws, which I already had.
Frode

I hope this isn't the wrong place for this.  I looked around and wasn't sure where exactly it should go, and there is a bow on it in one pic...  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline jeff halfrack

Re: Frode's cheap shaving horse...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »
   THANK YOU !!! you  may  have  something  there  JW

Offline RyanY

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:21:42 pm »
That's awesome. I've been thinking of making one of these for a long time. Don't think I didn't notice that holmegaard/mollegabet.  ;)

Offline Frode

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39:20 pm »
Glad ya like it guys!  The original French version had what looks like twisted leather loops (mine are just scraps from my leather pile), but I think any good stout hardware store rope should work.  Or even webbing?
Ryoon, what you don't see is me chipping about a third of the width of that lever off the Mollegabet before I learned how to position my foot securely :'(.  Not to worry, it'll still be a shooter, just custom  :D.
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

half eye

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:00:54 am »
Hey Frode,
        Nice horse, I also noticed that Molle hiding under them straps.....get addictive dont they ;D French ? you say....well hell now I got to make me one of them.....ya yer bad >:D
Rich