Author Topic: indirect percussion and other stuff.  (Read 4156 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: indirect percussion and other stuff.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 12:25:46 am »
That does look like some tough rock, I'd like to try some indirect got any pictures of the tools you use?
VB

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 04:40:58 am »
thanks again guys. vb this is what i used for the indirect. the large billet being the hammer.

"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 03:23:41 pm »
Thanks for the picture Jamie, I can make something like that. Hey are you going to the classic? If so I'd like to watch you doing some indirect percussion.
VB

Offline jamie

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 07:45:28 am »
No vb, I won't be making it this year. I know jesse knows how though. Check out marty (flintknappingtips) on youtube. He has a great vid explaing set up and methods. Peace
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:24:38 am »
jamie,you are a STUD..great work..john

Offline jamie

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »
thanks blacktail  ;D

vb what i forgot to tell ya was the billet on the far right is what i use for thinning and the antler punch for setting up platforms. the billet has a small groove in the face that the platform sits in. it kinda prys the flake off when you strike. the two small tines i use for notching. platforms have to be perfect or those small tips will snap. had to dress them more than once. ive even used the small stickers on those tine to knock the steep edges off the notches. the bone is for notching too . i use it with pressure and indirect. especially if i get into a thick area. im constantly redressing the bone to keep the edge flat and sharp. peace

waterbury, ct

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »
Thanks, this process interests me. I'll have to see if I can get Jesse to do some this year.
VB