Author Topic: Primitive newbie  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Scott Gray

Re: Primitive newbie
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 09:00:12 pm »
Well dang it all !!!!!! looks like i will be doing more reading than anything now. My truck decided to blow its transmission on me today!!! I replaced it about 6 years ago. Its a 92 Ford Ranger......been a real good truck but, the cost of a tranny is more than the truck is worth and is more than i can afford right now. Last month I had to replace my wifes vehicle now I gotta replace mine. I sure wish money grew on trees :D :-[ It was still a good weekend though.....I did get to hold Asher and love on him a lot. Shot my Howard Hill Big 5 with my wife this evening and just got off of the phone with a good friend from Mississippi. Life is still good!!!!! This is just a minor set back :D It will cut down the number of shoots we can attend but, the ones I do attend will be fun.
Semper Fi

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 09:45:10 pm »
Sorry to hear about your  truck :( But there is always a bright side to everything. You will have more time to study the build-a-longs ;)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Scott Gray

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »
But there is always a bright side to everything. You will have more time to study the build-a-longs ;)

You got that right hillbilly61 !!!!
Semper Fi

Offline Aries

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:56 pm »
Good to have another beginner like myself :D Heck. Try working on one after work a few times a week ;) You' be surprised at how quick it goes. I bought an Osage stave at the Pre Spring too and just got the courage up to start it yesterday ;) Hope to have it close to tillered today after Church. I guess what I'm trying to say is just jump in feet first. Allot of good help here and they don't mind sharing ;). Good luck.
Lol those after work projects usually turn into some accidental late nights in the shop for me ;D be warned :P
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow