Author Topic: how to measure a persons draw length  (Read 1844 times)

hapegranpape

how to measure a persons draw length
« on: March 05, 2010, 07:14:54 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to traditional archery, and I need some help finding out how to measure a persons draw length. Can anyone help me out with this? I'd appreciate it very much.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: how to measure a persons draw length
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »
if you have a bow handy let him draw it with an arrow.  Clip a clothespin to the arrow when he comes to full draw at the back of the bow.  (part of bow facing target)  measure from inside of string nock of arrow to inside of clothespin for draw length.  That is the way I do it and it works just fine for me. 

Welcome to PA!!!   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »
I usually have them hold therearms out in front of them together and measure from their sternum to the tips of their fingers.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

half eye

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:21 pm »
Same as Nugget, I just use a wooden yard stick....one end against the sternum and reach out with both arms....instant measurement.
half eye

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:11:36 am »
Hmmm. I've got a 27 inch draw.   How much longer than your draw do you make your arrows?  Hope I'm not stealing the thread!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.