Author Topic: Deadly Hawaiian snake  (Read 8451 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Deadly Hawaiian snake
« on: May 12, 2007, 06:18:04 pm »
   After a long and hectic week I had the opportunity to spend some needed time in my basement work shot. I was working on my Yew War Bow when I heard the grind of gravel and a horn honk. I walked out and it was the postal service deliverer. My mailbox is  a half mile away so I knew it was too big to go in the mailbox.  Well, pictured below is what she brought. I noted the Hawaii return address on the big one and an APO address on the tube.
  When I unwrapped the big package there was a nice snaky guava stave from Manny and in the tube was a mess of red twig dogwood(European) shoots from Marius. I'm looking forward to working with both the guave stave and the dogwood shoots. The guava snake will be a while before it is done because I'm gonna study it for a while first. If the dogwood shoots are dry, I will make an arrow or 2 soon. 
  Well, I just had to gloat! ;D   Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Deadly Hawaiian snake
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:15:15 pm »
Thats OK Pat, you go ahead and rub it in. When my new magazine comes in I will tell you about all the articles before you get your magazine.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:58:04 pm »
Will you read it to me late at night? ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:21:14 pm »
you two be nice now  ;D

i'm glad they got there OK.  i had asked a friend to mail them before i left for the US.  and now i will publicly admit my error: i had stated earlier that the bloodtwig dogwood was what oetzi, the iceman, had in his quiver.  that is only partially true.  his foreshafts were made from bloodtwig. not the entire arrows.  however, bloodtwig was a very popular shaftmaterial in europe.

Offline Susquehannock

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:29:31 pm »
Gee,

At first glance, I thought Pat was showing off a pic of his redneck Christmas Tree. Nice stave and goodluck!

Jason

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 10:31:59 pm »
Jason, You ought to know better than that. :D There is only one branch to hang ornaments. I prefer a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. ;D
  I believe Utzi's shafts were viburnum.  If this stuff works as well as red osier I'll be happy. It is plenty dry. I scraped one today to see.
   The guava stave is gonna be fun to tiller.  ???   Pat

Offline mamba

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 10:53:39 pm »
Manny makes some amazing bows with that gauva,but that piece gives me a headache just looking at it.Take her slow Pat.
Ray/NY

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:40:48 am »
Dang Christmas in May ya must have been a good boy Pat. I usually get lumps of coal. ;D

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI