Author Topic: New Dude!  (Read 2743 times)

Jmhoff10500

New Dude!
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »
Well, My Name is Jonathan and i live in Provo, Utah, heart of the Rockies! I'm new to Making bows so im in need of some advice of where to go from here... I have a Medium knowledge of Archery, techniques, etc and i own a new compound bow but i like the looks of the more primitive re curves, not to mention the fact that i would get to make one! I  also have quite a good knowledge of wood working so im covered on that front, i just need to know what to get, where to get it from, and the best methods to do my first bow... I have quite a supply of Ash Staves and so i think i am set for a bow or two but just from browsing, it looks like im going to have to find some arrow making stuff, strings, and maybe a couple more wood staves so if any of you guys know where to get this stuff... Thanks for your Hospitality, and i am look forward to getting to know both the forums, and you guys!

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: New Dude!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 11:11:20 pm »
welcome to PA jmhoff!  Lots of really good advice can be gleaned from these many pages, as well as about the best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of talking to on the web here.  If you haven't already, go to the "how to's and buildalong" section and click on the link to Jawge's site.  It is a good place to start if you have never built a bow before.   If you ever have any questions just ask, everyone is willing to help here.     :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Parnell

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 11:13:37 pm »
Always good to see someone new.  Post some pictures of those staves and get the ball rolling!  Welcome...
1’—>1’

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:15:01 pm »
Welcome.  Everything you need to know happens to be on this site. If you cant find it ask and someone will help you out.  glad to have you along.  Oh yeah you are out here in the west like me, Im up a little from you in Idaho.

tell
Tell Riley

Offline ZanderPommo

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:27:47 am »
glad you registered john, this site is as useful and friendly as IAP and then some.
I believe since they sponsor this site it's safe to reccomend 3riversarchery
They will help you get set up for arrowmaking/stringmakimg. And if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.  if I can, I will help. If not, these fine folks can! ;D
Glad to see another with an interest in this fine sport

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:37:56 am »
Welcome!
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 06:56:44 am »
Welcome,just look around and you will find most of your answers.Have fun and enjoy the ride. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hopefullbowyer

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:16:18 am »
I have also had good dealings with 3rivers archey.  the sell just about everything you could possible need and then some.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:22 am »
Welcome! Jm, here's my site. Thanks, Josh. Jawge
http://georgeandjoni.home.comcast.net/~georgeandjoni/
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

HatchA

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »
Welcome Jim :)

Offline woodstick

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 05:46:50 pm »
hey. hope you getter going, you will be a junkie like the rest of us. aint no rehab for us. good.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline tombo

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »
Welcome! Just start reducing a tree and ask questions... big fun.
Tom