Author Topic: coffee bean tree  (Read 1471 times)

Offline jturner

coffee bean tree
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:04:04 am »
I have a kentucky coffee bean tree I have to cut down. Has anyone used it for bows? It looks like locust without thorns and spreads as bad too.
Jake Turner     Michigan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: coffee bean tree
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:07:56 am »
Timo just posted one recently, I think.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:08:50 am »
Can you post a picture of it? I'm suddenly corious what a coffee bean tree looks like.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jturner

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:20:41 am »
yeah ill get one in the mornin, they look like honey locust without the thorns with long pods, I was told you can roast the beans for a coffee substitute. Deer go nuts over the pods, they are fast growing and spread fast, theres one in my grannys yard that is over 25 feet tall and bout ten years old, there is a 30 foot circle of small trees under it. they are spreading into the bean field and roundup dont bother them.
Jake Turner     Michigan

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:06 am »
I just built one in the how to sections. Just now putting on the finish so it will be a while until I get some finished pics up. Had to add something to the back,it's a type of bark. ;)

Sorry Cowboy, I don't have any pic of one with it's clothes on, but I can get one this weekend.