Author Topic: Bill Skinner does it again  (Read 2290 times)

Lombard

Bill Skinner does it again
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:20:52 pm »
Went to the Tannehill pre spring arrow fling in McCalla, AL. Bill was there and with his usual generosity, he sat down to share his skill with any interested in learning. Thank Sir for the guidance, and the stone to practice on. And thank you for these fine points. I will have to get the one hafted onto a shaft, and the other will no doubt make a fine knife.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DanaM

Re: Bill Skinner does it again
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »
Sweet points :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:07:59 pm »
Lombard, Did Billy say what type material your points were made of . They look real good an purty also. Later Bob

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:24:00 pm »
those look great.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
Bills a great guy- generous with his time, knowledge, and supplies! Fine knapper too!!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Lombard

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 02:39:34 pm »
Yes Bob, he did, however with my lame brain, I have forgotten. He had several types of stone Talhatta, Texas Chert, English Flint, a Coastal something or another, and others. This one rock he had, some kind of ash deposit, would produce a flake every bit as sharp as obsidian. Cut my finger with it knocking off a flake, and today it is already healed over.

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:41 pm »
I enjoyed knapping with you, too.  Are you missing a bopper?  I ended up with an extra one today whe I packed up to leave.  Bill

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »
Beautiful points and a beautiful rock too.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 12:31:13 am »
Hey Lombard, he hooked my friend Erik up too.  We were getting ready to leave today and he came running up to my buddy and said "glad I found you, where are you parked?  he dumped like half a bucket of rocks into the back of my truck and really made my friend's day!  He talked about what he was gonna make out of those rocks all the way home.  Thanks Bill!

Good to meet you at the shoot, Lombard!  I wish we could have shot a round together.  maybe next time!   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 12:36:58 am »
Nice work and pretty material..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.