Author Topic: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible  (Read 47733 times)

Offline YewArcher

Re: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 09:35:30 pm »
Well thats exciting!

Jim, on another note. Are you also planning a 3rd volume of The encyclopedia of native american bows and arrows that includes the west coast bows?

SJM

jamie

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 05:56:34 am »
very cool. its great to see so many of the newer geniuses being involved. very interested especially like that you put in the abo work of tom mills. maybe i can also read badgers stuff and finally understand it. lol

Offline jkekoni

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 08:02:08 am »
Remember to correct previous mistakes about Holmegaard bow and tiller, because people unfortunately some people still refer to them.

Preferrably get Dennis La Varenne to extend his very good article about tiller
http://www.fiarc.org/public/Forum/Data/jeval/2005102714414_Tillering%20the%20Holmegaard%20Bow-2.pdf
to contain measurements as well as some extra information about set etc...

And how about just calling it TBB IV, since eventually there will be need for part V. (and VI etc...)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:14:28 am by jkekoni »

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 12:22:46 pm »
Cool! Don't forget a glossary.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 12:28:08 pm »
Index too. I wear out volume III just looking up stuff in the index. Just in case my first message wan't clear. Put me on the list. Signed would be outstanding.... Chris

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 08:30:39 pm »
Can you get the book made out of Carbon fiber? I keep wearing out the books from all the leafing through them.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Psycho

• Free to roam.
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 08:41:33 pm »
That's great. I would also like a copy signed by the great masters of this wonderful art. I still read and reread many of the articles and it's amazing how the old light bulb lights up with each "new" discovery that seems to be present when I reread. Looking forward to the new material.
                                                                           Eliseo

Offline jkekoni

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 06:06:39 am »
Of course not carbon fiber, but wood.  ;)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 10:20:18 am »
I am quite pleased to be a part of this project.  I am also quite pleased to see the names of others that I have had the pleasure to exchange ideas with, such as Steve, Jaroslav and others.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Badger

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:09 am »
Mark, I feel I grew up with you guys, it will be a pleasure working with you and Juraslav likewise. Steve

Offline kiwijim

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 04:09:27 pm »
Can't wait

Offline Mickey

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 09:17:31 pm »
I too am pleased to be a part of this works. For those who don't know me because I haven't been active on this site, my nickname is the Ferret and I have been active on the old Leatherwall, followed by the Tradgang and the Bowyers Journal sites and have a website dedicated to traditional/primitive archery (ferretsarcherywebpage.com). I have written quite a bit for Primitive Archer magazine and the Bowyers Journal. I made up the arrows for the original bow testing at Mojam and learned there that I can make a pretty average bow ha ha. I know many of the other authors on TBBE either personally or from those other sites and there are others I don't know such as Jaroslav, Tom or Steve..at least by those names. Look forward to working with each and every member of the team putting this together and I'll try not to dissapoint with my chapter. If you have any ideas or things you think should be covered in the arrows chapter, feel free to email me at huntinsticks@fuse.net

Mickey Lotz

Offline Badger

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 10:21:15 pm »
Mickey, i have hear a lot about you, I go by badger on line, really looking forward to your chapter, I hope we can communicate a bit behind the scenes as well, I enjoy your writing. Steve Gardner

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 10:59:57 pm »
Nice to see you here Mickey
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

MattE

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 09:06:57 am »
I use to think I made a fair bow but after finding the bow sites, especially P.A., I realized I wasn't as good of a bowyer as I thought I was.I have learned a lot from you people. I am looking forward to learning more! I wish I could post pictures and diagrams of a few of my jigs but I am ignorant of things tech related and hate to ask others to post them for me.I am an avid resder of the P.A.forum and look forward,every day, to reading this forum.I can hardly wait to add the new book too my collection. Thanks to all here!