Author Topic: new possibles bag  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
new possibles bag
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »
After a few days work I finished this bag today . The leather is upholstery leather scraps that came from broketooth(Ruddy). It is hand stitched with antler base button closure and shoulder strap adjustment. The bag measures 6"x 8" with a 2" gusset and an inside pocket in the rear of the bag.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: new possibles bag
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »
  I like it, Pat . You did good as usual.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 06:50:34 pm »
Nice man purse Pat >:D

Sorry couldn't help myself LOL Looks great eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:38 am »
you have got tallent. i think you get bag maker of the month. BOM
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:39:20 pm »
Looks good, Pat. I've been working on a couple of shooting bags myself. Glad to see that you're feeling good enough to work on some stuff now.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:58:48 pm »
very nice work pat. if i can kick this rock habit maybe i'll start some other projects.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:51:21 pm »
Jamie, my making yellar curls habit has waned so I had to do something to ward off the Jones'!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »
As a flintlock shooter, I have a fine collection of handmade leather purses, er..AHEM..shooting bags.  This is a fine example of a utilitarian piece  of equipment, good work!. 

The whipstitch done around the flap can also be done on the strap, and if you do it with a thicker material like a leather thong, it provides friction against your shirt/frock/coat to prevent the bag from sliding around when you lean forward.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 05:15:56 pm »
Good point about the whip stitch along the strap, JW. I'll used that in the future.  Don't tell anyone but this is actually a purse for a friend's daughter.  ;) I call it a possibles bag so I can post it here!  ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 06:26:06 pm »
Muzzleloading should really appeal to the "light-in-the-moccasin" crowd because it is all about the accessories!.  With the shooting bags, powder horns, handwoven linen powderhorn straps, brass cleaning and loading tips, roundball bags, clothing options, hats, silk scarves, linen undergarments, tents, haversacks, wooden chests, woolen blankets, oilskin diamond flys, wrought iron fire tools, nesting copper boilers, tinware, lanterns, custom forged axe and matching tomahawk, etc, I have about $3,000 invested after purchasing the first rifle for a trifling $250.

You have been warned.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Timo

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:44:38 pm »
Nice job Pat....Get ya a long rifle and you'll be makin them bags fer yourself!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:53:10 pm »
Tim, my wife gave me a T/C Hawkins 50cal percussion for Christmas about 30 years ago. I killed my first(8pt) and second(doe) deer with it and never hunted with it again.  ::) My possibles bag back then was about 2"x2"x4" and carried the powder charges in glass vials(about 90gr ea.), a box of primers, pre-lubed Maxi-Balls and cleaning patches. I'll take a few pics of it and post. I pulled it out the other day to look at it.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:30 pm »
 JW,

You hit the nail on the head. With one Flintlock, three Percussion rifles , two pistols and five 12 guage shotguns I've aquired a large amount of gear. And GEAR sounds more manly. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »
You are good Pat, impressive as always.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:14 pm »
Eddie, you're a lot lighter in the moccasins than me-I've just got one flinter and one percussion at the moment. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.