Author Topic: Patrosinio, Brazil  (Read 49450 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Patrosinio, Brazil
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 02:32:13 pm »
 Made another new friend today. Also the guys took me way up in the hills just before lunch. They wanted to show me a crap load of rocks that were stacked into a pool by slaves 200 years ago. There is a mineral spring there and I guess they have to take all the tourist up to have a drink.

Well they kinda chuckled when I told them it tasted like crap and smelled like it too. It was supposed to be medicinal. I'll wait and see have much medicine I need after drinking a cup full. I also found some real little peppers, kind of looked like our grove peppers in Florida. Those little boogers were some of the hottest little peppers I've stuck in my mouth.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 02:45:07 pm »
Probably best to befriend the local cops eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 02:59:37 pm »

Like Dana M said, good idea to get on the local police's good side.  But why were you standing so far apart?  Bad body language their Eddie, I hope he didn't pick up on that...... ;)  So did you save any of that local fire water in case that sulphur water you drank had some little amigos swimming around in it?   ;D
looks like you are holed up in your hotel room again.  Do you actually do any work down there?  You should write a book on foreign travel, and all the best places to eat with the locals..... ;D  So where is the picture of this water hole, and you enjoying it?

P.S. I went to the Dade City Knapp in Sunday, and got another point from Claude.  I have my camera battery charging at the moment, and when it is charged I will take some pictures of the blades, and points, and try to put on here.

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 05:46:41 pm »
 Dana ::) Yea, Everytime I pass these Guys I get the pucker syndrome. They have a speed trap up the road. this one is the head dude and he sat down and ate lunch with us.
 Wayne as nasty as that crap smelled and tasted I don't think anything could live in it. Anyway those little peppers would kill anything. This area has a bunch of these little BBQ restruante/ Cantinas. But this is the one we eat at everyday. The owner heard I have a few guns so he took me into the backroom and opened the safe so he could show me his Taurus .38. It must suck having to open a safe if you are being robbed. And I'm going on day 7 and haven't drilled a hole yet. The rig broke down this morning and they don't have a clue when it will be fixed. I'm in my new office right now but heading for the hotel.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02:45 pm »
And I'm going on day 7 and haven't drilled a hole yet. The rig broke down this morning and they don't have a clue when it will be fixed. I'm in my new office right now but heading for the hotel.

Well that does not bode well.  :-\  Nearest parts supplier is how many hundred miles away?  Good luck.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 03:23:44 am »

Just wait till you get to India, and something breaks, and they have to send away for it.  And it is delivered by bicycle...... ;D
" Hello my name is Robert, and I have your part that you ordered four months ago.  I would have been here with the part two days ago, but there was a Tiger, and I spent a night in a very large tree.  Well here is your part, and I brought you a slurppy, for the delay." ;D  Well I have to go back now, and crank up the generator, get on my head set, and help the poor Dell customers.  ::) .......I think today, I will be Steven...... ;D

Wayne

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:07 am »
now thats funny  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 10:53:16 am »
  That's funny, Wayne.
 Bjorn, We aren't dealing with parts. It's much worse. They are removing the whole piece and taking it to Sao Paulo for repair and then bringing it back. It's about 500klm one way. And to make this day even better, the mechanic showed up without tools. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »
sounds almost like being in Peru a few weeks ago.You r so right about eating meals-it,s a process and noone is in a hurry.Cool places and cool pictures.have a great day-lloyd

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »
Looks like you are making it just fine,I told KingRon this morning that you would have them folks eating out of you hand before you left there.My uncle is a Missionary in Brazil ,has been for almost
50 years,he has tried to get me to come down,I may do it yet.Have fun and stay safe. :) :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »

Tools?!!  We don't need no stinkin tools! ::)  We are mechanics!  We will tell you if something is broken, and then we will determine if it needs repair, or duct tape.  Then if need be we will go get the tools, but on the way to get the tools, we will have to have lunch, a couple cervasa's, and a leetle siesta, and then we will continue on to get the tools, and then on the way back we will have to stop for lunch....... ;D  I wonder if those guys ever worked for FP&L ?  ::) Maybe that is where they go to retire......  ;D They sound like the three stooges, or Laurel and Hardy, as mechanics...... ;D
Well, I am sure you can handle the stress of not having any work to do, and having to roam around the country side, and eating, like a king. ;)  We are all pulling for you, hoping it is not too harsh on you. ::)  Any big spiders?  Other weird insects?  You need to make yourself a turkey call while you are down there, and try to call one of those Turkey cousins..... 8)  Well enjoy your hardships, and keep the pictures coming.  Oh, and how about some pictures of those tool -less mechanics. ;D  And when they get tools. :D  Ok, we have tools, ......lets see now, what size is this bolt and nut? Juan you have de measuring tool?  No, Jesus, I thought you had de measuring tool.  Well, I guess we will have to go back and get the measuring tool, so we can measure the bolt, and nut, so we can use the correct wrench.  We will start back right away though,! Is the cantina open now?......... ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 02:52:38 pm »
 Pappy, You'd like it down here, really nice people. What's amazing though is everywhere you look it seems like you ought to see deer. There isn't anything. No rabbits, raccoons  or deer. They hunted everything till it was gone, here. Wayne the bad thing about not getting anything done in a week is that's one week less of Turkey Season for me.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 03:02:50 pm »

Ahhh, that's right, I forgot about that.  :o  And it is rounding the corner...... :o

Wayne

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 09:56:03 pm »
the bad thing about not getting anything done in a week is that's one week less of Turkey Season for me.

Aurrrrrrgh!  :-X :-X :-X  I think you need to find the person(s) responsible and make them dress up as a turkey.  "Yes I know it's a sixty pound bow, but they're just blunts I swear."   >:D This keeps up you will be able to grow that coffee plant and harvest before you leave.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 09:35:26 am »
 Look what they sell for hoe and shovel handles here. It's purpleheart with the sapwood still on it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida